Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Lin19687 Hope you dont mind a little update on the house. Turns out I was right about them waiting to tear it down! My boyfriend talked to the landlord yesterday to let him know we will not be renewing the lease and told him everything wrong with the place.

The LL said they already know about all the problems. After we are gone and the tenants upstairs leave there's already plans to bulldoze the house and put up a Walgreens.

@Lin19687 Hope you dont mind a little update on the house. Turns out I was right about them waiting to tear it down! My boyfriend talked to the landlord yesterday to let him know we will not be renewing the lease and told him everything wrong with the place.

The LL said they already know about all the problems. After we are gone and the tenants upstairs leave there's already plans to bulldoze the house and put up a Walgreens.

I'm sooo glad to hear you are getting out of there. Bowed walls are a sign that it's ready to collapse, top down. I don't know about Maryland, but here in Colorado there are laws that prevent renting houses like that to anyone. Even though you're getting out, I would still check with your local housing authority and report them and all the issues. It likely will not help you, but it may save the lives of the people upstairs and they will fine the LL. That house should have already been condemned.

Gripe : Woke up at around 3am. This seems to be around the time it happens. No idea why, I sleep with a fan on and it was just slightly raining/sleeting out so it can't be that.
:( I tossed for about for a while and just got up at about 4 am.
Cat woke up when I shamelessly turned on the kitchen bright light :( She is Deaf and I am usually careful not to wake her in the AM (long story).
Well, meow meow meow and she is on my lap call covered with a blankie as I Surf the Interwebs :rolleyes:
At least I got to have my coffee first

They were setting up for Valentine’s Day at Hobby Lobby Saturday—❤️
I can understand craft stores setting up early for the various "holidays" because crafters/makers need to plan ahead for those events. Retail shops, however? Just no! Let's get one holiday behind us before we prepare for the next one.

and I definitely NEED a fancy box of Valentines chocolates before I can stomach hot cross buns and marshmallow bunnies.
Smack Laugh.gif

I'm still celebrating the 12 days of Christmas.
So much Christmas candy to get through before I can start on Easter, and I definitely NEED a fancy box of Valentines chocolates before I can stomach hot cross buns and marshmallow bunnies.

Ummm... New Years, Valentine's Day, St.Patricks Day... Talk about the store rushing the time! Holy Crappendiolie!!!

Easter has arrived in our local stores !!!!!
:mad:
Bah humbug.

I swear this is why I seem to hate the holidays

Woke up at around 3am. This seems to be around the time it happens

I hate that time of night--it always seems to be the time I get the bad phone calls. it is also the time I seem to randomly wake up too--I usually wake up with a feeling of dread

Last edited:
I swear this is why I seem to hate the holidays

I hate that time of night--it always seems to be the time I get the bad phone calls. it is also the time I seem to randomly wake up too--I usually wake up with a feeling of dread
The witching hour... 3 a.m. - 4 p.m., apparently.

My gripe of the day makes more sense if I go back in time a bit. The first week of September I caught a cold from my son. My lungs are my weakest link, so once it got into my chest I started my chronic cough. Totally typical as I take a couple of months or more to fully recover from a cold. Unlike how it usually goes, this time I got back pain, chest and rib pain about 2 months in. A few of weeks of this and I could not take any more as I was getting concerned so I went to my doctor. A week later I am getting chest xrays. Turns out I had pneumonia and pleurisy. (better option than what I was thinking so I was relieved) I get treated and stay on a steroid inhaler for a couple of weeks. I am feeling much better this past week. A few days ago my son gets a cold. Last night I woke up with a sore throat and stuffy nose. ARGH!!!

My gripe of the day makes more sense if I go back in time a bit. The first week of September I caught a cold from my son. My lungs are my weakest link, so once it got into my chest I started my chronic cough. Totally typical as I take a couple of months or more to fully recover from a cold. Unlike how it usually goes, this time I got back pain, chest and rib pain about 2 months in. A few of weeks of this and I could not take any more as I was getting concerned so I went to my doctor. A week later I am getting chest xrays. Turns out I had pneumonia and pleurisy. (better option than what I was thinking so I was relieved) I get treated and stay on a steroid inhaler for a couple of weeks. I am feeling much better this past week. A few days ago my son gets a cold. Last night I woke up with a sore throat and stuffy nose. ARGH!!!
'Tis the season. You just look after you and get better!

planning to pamper myself for a bit and make sure I get a lot of sleep. I am not willing to go that route again quite so soon. :)

well hopefully you will listen to your body better too. take care of yourself--pleurisy isn't any fun for sure. sounds like winters are rough on you

I am so tired of the retail stores pushing holidays. I went shopping sometime the week before Halloween and two of the stores had out their Christmas decorations. Between that and knowing we wouldn't see our daughter/family from Hawaii during the Christmas break, it made it a Bah Humbug holiday for me. Hubby and I barely tossed up some decorations a couple of days before Christmas. It didn't help to get colds during that time, but really made both of us rather pissy that we had to see Christmas starting in October. And the retail stores wonder why people use on line shopping! Okay, done with rant...I haven't been to a store since before Christmas so I haven't seen what they are pushing at me now....may get a chance today..but I plan on ignoring it.

When I used to start catching a cold I went to my gym, which had an excellent steam room, and sat in the steamroom for as long as was advisable....20 min or so. The heat seemed to kill the virus and....no cold after all...worth a shot if you can do it.

Latest posts

Back