Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gripe...
co worker, she is super nice but when you want me to do something just so you don't have to,,,, no.
And NO I am not going to buy stuff from the FM farm guy for you, If YOU want the organic stuff come at 8am so you don't miss it. I have my own stuff to sell so I WON"T do it for you. You live like 10 min away !

Take your bad day and go home !

sounds like one of my last bosses--holy hell I don't miss that stuff. we got our work done and the clinics really liked us but oh crap when she was having a bad day grrr. we were in a large room and one day she came just ripping on us for talking and then proceeded to walk to one of her favorites and talk and giggle so loud the whole room heard her. I did ask her later on if she realized that everytime she chewed us out she would talk to people twice as loud. of course she just looked at me with this blank stare--I really doubt she liked me much haha I am not much of a but kisser so I was never a favorite there :) it was like working with the mean girls at times

I messed up. I tried to pick up a bag of dog food while sitting in my office chair and I felt what can only be called a lightening bolt across my lower back and down into my legs. I couldnt sit back up and had to call for my son. I laid down with ice after work thinking that would help but it didnt. I hate to go to the ER because im sick to death of being treated like a seeker if I say I am in pain. the only thing i can think of is that the disc that was close to the nerve finally compressed it. I cannot fully stand up and I cannot get out of bed withut help and extreme pain. I can only hope this lightens up or its going to be a looonnnggg weekend.

I messed up. I tried to pick up a bag of dog food while sitting in my office chair and I felt what can only be called a lightening bolt across my lower back and down into my legs. I couldnt sit back up and had to call for my son. I laid down with ice after work thinking that would help but it didnt. I hate to go to the ER because im sick to death of being treated like a seeker if I say I am in pain. the only thing i can think of is that the disc that was close to the nerve finally compressed it. I cannot fully stand up and I cannot get out of bed withut help and extreme pain. I can only hope this lightens up or its going to be a looonnnggg weekend.

oh you poor thing--get better quick. go to the dr

@msunnerstood I can totally sympathize and empathize. The same thing happened to me once. I can save you the time, expense, and trouble of going to the dr by telling you the same thing he told me. All you can do is rest it... i.e. Flat on your back for two weeks!

I take 2 Aleve in the morning and Excedrin PM at night. Take whatever pain reliever you like, but watch the dosage to be sure you can take 2 before falling asleep to get you through the night.

I'm not a beer drinker but it's a good muscle relaxer and a half a glass of beer relieves that lower back pain for me.

When getting out of bed, roll over on your right (or left) side; crook your right (or left) elbow under your upper half to lift up while steadying yourself with the opposite hand on the bed in front of you. Then swing both legs to the floor while pushing yourself up. It helps to take a few deep breaths to relax the pain before doing this. Breathing deeply to relax when you need to really helps.

That's all I got. Hope this helps!
Healing Hug.jpg

@msunnerstood I can totally sympathize and empathize. The same thing happened to me once. I can save you the time, expense, and trouble of going to the dr by telling you the same thing he told me. All you can do is rest it... i.e. Flat on your back for two weeks!

I take 2 Aleve in the morning and Excedrin PM at night. Take whatever pain reliever you like, but watch the dosage to be sure you can take 2 before falling asleep to get you through the night.

I'm not a beer drinker but it's a good muscle relaxer and a half a glass of beer relieves that lower back pain for me.

When getting out of bed, roll over on your right (or left) side; crook your right (or left) elbow under your upper half to lift up while steadying yourself with the opposite hand on the bed in front of you. Then swing both legs to the floor while pushing yourself up. It helps to take a few deep breaths to relax the pain before doing this. Breathing deeply to relax when you need to really helps.

That's all I got. Hope this helps!
View attachment 40979
Thank you for the tips. Im going to try the beer thing and Im already on aleve.
Rolling thing doesnt work, I cannot even roll. My Husband had to come in and grab me by the shoulders and sit me up while i held my breath and tried not to cry. You learn what ditching your pride is when your husband has to help you sit down on the toilet. this has been 9/10 on the pain scale since it happened around 3 this afternoon. Thankfully, I work from home so my laptop will be in bed with me on monday

When i 1st had my Sciatica the Dr put me on 800mg Ibuprofen . You don't need a script like he gave me. I just take 4 of the IBU I get at Costco as they are small round pills I can take easier. It DOES take TIME for it to build in the system but I took it every 6 hrs.
It is for Swelling, which happens after an injury.
Also try Ben Gay, my 2nd true love hahah, It really does help. None of the others, icy hot etc, worked as well. Plus I like the smell ;)

Hope you get better soon

I just finished some physical therapy for sciatica-like pains. When you can move again it may be something to look into.

Thank you for the tips. Im going to try the beer thing and Im already on aleve.
Rolling thing doesnt work, I cannot even roll. My Husband had to come in and grab me by the shoulders and sit me up while i held my breath and tried not to cry. You learn what ditching your pride is when your husband has to help you sit down on the toilet. this has been 9/10 on the pain scale since it happened around 3 this afternoon. Thankfully, I work from home so my laptop will be in bed with me on monday
I don’t know if this can help with the level of pain you’re experiencing, but I use Arnica cream for a frozen shoulder and it really helps. I hope you find some relief soon. It sounds very painful.

Gripe: My boss in Singapore has literally no concept of the time difference between the US and Signapore (14 hours where I am) and constantly schedules our meetings for HER timezone.
She scheduled one for me tomorrow that is supposed to be mandatory - yeah, she scheduled it for 3 pm Singapore time. I REFUSE to get up and have a meeting with her at 1 AM my time.
UGH I have to explain the time difference to her EVERY TIME she schedules a meeting. EVERY TIME.
And every time she is like "oh, I didn't realize" ...well, get a *&^&% clock!! It's NOT HARD to figure it out!!! Grrrrrr

Gripe: My boss in Singapore has literally no concept of the time difference between the US and Signapore (14 hours where I am) and constantly schedules our meetings for HER timezone.
She scheduled one for me tomorrow that is supposed to be mandatory - yeah, she scheduled it for 3 pm Singapore time. I REFUSE to get up and have a meeting with her at 1 AM my time.
UGH I have to explain the time difference to her EVERY TIME she schedules a meeting. EVERY TIME.
And every time she is like "oh, I didn't realize" ...well, get a *&^&% clock!! It's NOT HARD to figure it out!!! Grrrrrr
Send her a link to a world time clock app.

Send her a link to a world time clock app.
Oh trust me, I've sent her several things. I mean right in our computer clocks, you can put up to 4 visible time-zone times on it, and I've been to the SG office. Right on their walls, right where she sits, there are a row of clocks indicating the times in each of the different offices. Now granted those clocks are analog clocks, but it's not hard to figure out am/pm.. It's just irritating that she is so inconsiderate...

Snooty soapmakers.. Maybe Im spoiled here but generally speaking, we are all helpful and polite when people ask questions. Firm of course if its a safety question but we generally want to help each other right?
I belong to a few soaping groups and I watched someone post about being excited because her Amazon order had arrived and she was excited to try adding walnut oil as a soap ingredient..

Now, the feedback she received wasnt regarding the properties of the oil, or about shelf life etc.. The feedback she received was how these other soapmakers would NEVER use anything from Amazon instead of a reputable soap supply company... ummm apparently they arent aware that more than one reputable soap supply company also sell on Amazon. They even told her the soap she made with that oil should be for personal use only.

I wish I could say it's the first time Ive witnessed the high horsery, but it isnt. Still ticks me off though and I usually comment on it a positive manner.

Oh boy, I see that everywhere..... I do not understand the nastiness out there... Personally I buy nothing from Amazon, but not because of that, but because they have displaced so many local and small companies, and the reports on how they treat employees. I really do not like their philosophy. But to each its own, it should not be an issue.

The feedback she received was how these other soapmakers would NEVER use anything from Amazon instead of a reputable soap supply company... ummm apparently they arent aware that more than one reputable soap supply company also sell on Amazon. They even told her the soap she made with that oil should be for personal use only.
That's a new one.... usually it involves a new soapmaker asking a question and getting reprimanded for selling before they've had years under their belt. I would guess that the nastiness came from relatively new soap makers and I wonder if she would have gotten the same rebuke had she purchased the oil at the local grocery store.

Oh goody - a safe play to whine!!

I have 3 missing Amazon packages that were supposedly delivered Friday. Their website said to wait 36 hours because sometimes packages are marked delivered before they are really are. :confused:

Then I spend about 2 hours working their website to find out how to report missing packages: clicked a lot of question and answer boxes only to find none of them apply. Finally got to a chat window where I was told they were "mismarked" and should be delivered in the next 2 days.

Final step? The little pop-up customer service survey that states Amazon wants to be the most customer service oriented company in the world. o_O

Btw, I had 2 gallons of Nutiva coconut oil in those orders! 18 bucks each which is the best price I could find as our closest Big Lots doesn't have the big sizes any more.
Sometimes a package is marked “delivered” when, in fact, it has been scanned into the receiving area in the town where it will be delivered. This should be addressed for those who actually tracktheir deliveries!

Snooty soapmakers.. Maybe Im spoiled here but generally speaking, we are all helpful and polite when people ask questions. Firm of course if its a safety question but we generally want to help each other right?
I belong to a few soaping groups and I watched someone post about being excited because her Amazon order had arrived and she was excited to try adding walnut oil as a soap ingredient..

Now, the feedback she received wasnt regarding the properties of the oil, or about shelf life etc.. The feedback she received was how these other soapmakers would NEVER use anything from Amazon instead of a reputable soap supply company... ummm apparently they arent aware that more than one reputable soap supply company also sell on Amazon. They even told her the soap she made with that oil should be for personal use only.

I wish I could say it's the first time Ive witnessed the high horsery, but it isnt. Still ticks me off though and I usually comment on it a positive manner.

I order 80% of my supplies from “reputable” companies who choose to sell through Amazon. Why? I have Amazon Prime and prefer to not pay for shipping. It is about dollars and cents. If I can choose between buying directly from a company and paying shipping or buying from the same company through Amazon and not paying shipping, I choose Amazon every time! Others would do well to abide by the “Thumper” Rule.

I order 80% of my supplies from “reputable” companies who choose to sell through Amazon. Why? I have Amazon Prime and prefer to not pay for shipping. It is about dollars and cents. If I can choose between buying directly from a company and paying shipping or buying from the same company through Amazon and not paying shipping, I choose Amazon every time! Others would do well to abide by the “Thumper” Rule.
Can you share the names of a few of the companies you buy from through Amazon. Especially fragrance oils and micas. I need international shipping, and Amazon would be ideal for me. I just don't know which of those "reputable" companies are on Amazon.

Latest posts

Back