Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@lenarenee
I am not sure about out there but here in VA Amazon uses Amazon Flex Drivers. We work for them but we choose when and how long. I've done it, but from my experience I can't see how a person would be able to mark a package as delivered when you are not at the location. The Flex Driver app wont allow that so it may be happening through some other avenue.

@Zany_in_CO Really? They look so happy in your picture ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
There is nothing quite like the general public. I am legally disabled, sometimes it is obvious when I walk, sometimes it is not. Sometimes I I get the well meaninged verbally attacking me for parking in a handicapped spot, sometimes I have to deal with pity or abuse because I am different. I look at those people and say; "I'm sorry you are also disabled" they usually sputter and go on the defensive... my rebuttall to that is always; "perhaps, but your attitude most certainly is"... ;-)
Love isn’t always easy but you are his anchor and he needs you. Aren’t you fortunate that you have an outlet for your creativity and an ability to do something that brings you pleasure. He may not. He may find joy in work most of the time but dealing with the public is hard and it isn’t always pleasant. When you work you have to suit up, show up, do your job and, sometimes, shut up. Look at this from his point of view. Sorry but part of a relationship is letting the other person vent. Maybe agree on a time limit for bitching - for both of you and then kiss, tell each other you love each other and thank each other for being there.

Love isn’t always easy but you are his anchor and he needs you. Aren’t you fortunate that you have an outlet for your creativity and an ability to do something that brings you pleasure. He may not. He may find joy in work most of the time but dealing with the public is hard and it isn’t always pleasant. When you work you have to suit up, show up, do your job and, sometimes, shut up. Look at this from his point of view. Sorry but part of a relationship is letting the other person vent. Maybe agree on a time limit for bitching - for both of you and then kiss, tell each other you love each other and thank each other for being there.

love this, working with the public does suck and as long as that is all he is doing is venting!!! Crabbing at you is a whole different story though--if that is what he is doing there needs to be a serious conversation otherwise you also need to learn how to not let it get to you--if it gets to you just think what it is doing to him

I have a horrible cold. I thought I was going to get by not catching hubby's cold since I'd been home for almost a week before I came down with the symptoms. I think the klinker was when I was a passenger in his car (due to the confined space in which his cold germs were surrounding me) this past week-end when we went to the Figge Museum. The symptoms hit me like a brick the next day and have kept getting worse ever since. I'm taking meds that dry me out so I can breath and not sneeze incessantly, but I am also sleeping lots of extra hours and am a lot of pain in the rib cage area (probably from all the sneezing, since I'm not coughing.)

I have a horrible cold. I thought I was going to get by not catching hubby's cold since I'd been home for almost a week before I came down with the symptoms. I think the klinker was when I was a passenger in his car (due to the confined space in which his cold germs were surrounding me) this past week-end when we went to the Figge Museum. The symptoms hit me like a brick the next day and have kept getting worse ever since. I'm taking meds that dry me out so I can breath and not sneeze incessantly, but I am also sleeping lots of extra hours and am a lot of pain in the rib cage area (probably from all the sneezing, since I'm not coughing.)
Hope you feel better soon!

Seems everyone in the office has some kind of cold. Now people in the other office (other side of the door and how you get out and to Cafe) are all sick and coughing

Hope you feel better soon!

I started to feel some better last evening and just a bit ago realized I can smell something right now. Not sure what it is as yet, though. I cannot smell my turmeric tea, which I love the smell of, BTW, but I'm drinking it anway. In fact, I can't really taste it either. Colds so mess with the sense of smell and taste! But I can taste the 'Sizzlin Saltines' from Buckee's that I bought on our way back from San Antonio a couple of weeks ago. Those are so spicy (and I am a huge fan of spicy) that I can only eat one or two per sitting and have limited them to about 2 - 3 per day. They'll be gone soon. Hubby can't take them at all.

Anyway, the sore throat & a bit of coughing started, but at least my nostrils are starting to clear, so I'm on the mend. Hoping I'll be able to smell my turmeric tea again soon.

This is what drives me crazy! I love the look of dripping mica colors on top of batches of soap. However.... I ended up shaving it off almost every time because it I don't like the way it looks when I finish or it leaves a skid mark when I test it!

I hate planning. My hubby was supposed to be gone until Saturday. So because of my food allergies, I need to make everything from scratch or pay absurdly high prices for store bought items. I searched recipes and planned to make chicken broccoli Alfredo (1 is his favorite meals) and a chocolate cake for dinner on Saturday. I got a ride to the grocery store after work yesterday to get the items I would need. He calls while I'm at the store. Surprise! He's staying home can I grab "something instant" for dinner? Not wanting to ruin the surprise, I put off getting some of the recipe items. He was supposed to be gone today. So I made sure the kitchen was clean before I went to work. My plan was to rush home to drop off my work bag and walk over to Target for the remaining recipe items then make the cake & frosting when I got back. He was home again today because he misses me and my clean kitchen was no longer clean! Because he has to work tonight, guess who gets to clean the kitchen.... Again! He's all excited because I said I wanted Saturday's dinner to be a surprise and now I no longer feel like making it because instead of having 3 days to do/make things in stages, I'll have to spend all day Saturday shopping, prepping & cooking!

Gripe.... darnit Neighbors (duplex) banging around so early on Sunday that the vibration wakes up the deaf kitty who then is screaming looking for us at 5:30 AM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gripe.... darnit Neighbors (duplex) banging around so early on Sunday that the vibration wakes up the deaf kitty who then is screaming looking for us at 5:30 AM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my last neighbors were like that--all day and night--bad neighbors suck!! that and thinned walled townhomes--I could hear almost every word--there were a lot of drugs going on over there

HERE TOO !
I just over heard them about his heroin use :eek: yup, all done.
I'm looking for a house anyway, hoping that I FINALLY have god quiet neighbors

Gripe.... Had eggs this morning at the Cafe at my office building... I now have the trots and trying to hold out till 4;30
AND I woke up with a killer headache, and since it is still here I am thinking it is a sinus pressure issue :(
Can't be out sick tomorrow because we are down one person in our 3 person section...

Back