Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So.stinking.cold. -15°F is our high today, which is about 10° warmer than yesterday. Supposedly we're supposed to be in the positive teens tomorrow before we sink back into negative 20's. Remind me again why I live in this frozen wasteland? Oh I remember now, it's cost of living is cheap so we can afford to pay our heat bills...

Gripe 1- I echo @amd with a weather gripe as this was my first gripe today, that is celcius, it doesn't look better in F that would be -38. It is pretty bad when you are dreaming of -20 C.
-39.PNG

You would think I live in this-
igloo lori.JPG

But I don't! That was a family just for fun project that a neighborhood family did.

Gripe 2-
DH decided to make butter tarts (a Canadian thing) for an evening event he is hosting. No problem but I told him I wanted to soap first (in the kitchen). Than he decided he had to leave to pokemon go twice this afternoon and so told me to soap first. Well that put time tight and he doesn't like to have me in the kitchen when he is in it cooking, as he doesn't like my helpful tips! Sigh..... haven't checked my cookware, but at least the tarts turned out.

Gripe 1- I echo @amd with a weather gripe as this was my first gripe today, that is celcius, it doesn't look better in F that would be -38. It is pretty bad when you are dreaming of -20 C.
View attachment 35454
You would think I live in this-
View attachment 35455
But I don't! That was a family just for fun project that a neighborhood family did.

Gripe 2-
DH decided to make butter tarts (a Canadian thing) for an evening event he is hosting. No problem but I told him I wanted to soap first (in the kitchen). Than he decided he had to leave to pokemon go twice this afternoon and so told me to soap first. Well that put time tight and he doesn't like to have me in the kitchen when he is in it cooking, as he doesn't like my helpful tips! Sigh..... haven't checked my cookware, but at least the tarts turned out.

Helpful tips sounds like a backseat driver to me lmao. butter tarts sounds like a strange combination but then again we have butter pies int north England! Basically a pie with sliced pots then slathered in butter. Actually really nice not had one in years though.

I remember making an igloo when i lived in wales for university not that i could of ever fitted inside.

Gripe is this **** headache n insomnia again been in bed since 10pm its now nearly 2am n not remotely tired i am gettung cat cuddles though but thats because he lost the fight for the radiator bed he normally sleeps on and yes literally a fight happens 5-6 times a day minimum

Awesome igloo! And hello from a fellow Manitoban.
Hello! The igloo was cool, they lit it up with changing colours at night.

Helpful tips sounds like a backseat driver to me lmao. butter tarts sounds like a strange combination but then again we have butter pies int north England! Basically a pie with sliced pots then slathered in butter. Actually really nice not had one in years though.

I remember making an igloo when i lived in wales for university not that i could of ever fitted inside.

Gripe is this **** headache n insomnia again been in bed since 10pm its now nearly 2am n not remotely tired i am gettung cat cuddles though but thats because he lost the fight for the radiator bed he normally sleeps on and yes literally a fight happens 5-6 times a day minimum
My husband would agree with you on the backseat part!
Butter tarts are wonderful sugary goodness, a tart made with a filling of butter, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, pecans and we put coconut. Some people put raisins instead of nuts.

@msunnerstood :( so sorry :( so hard to do

Gripe is going to @amd and @loriag / @Misschief / @MGM (and anyone else I missed in Canada) You all can keep your Negative numbers Over and Up there.
:eek: We just had enough here, and it wan't even That cold ! ;)
It's not cold here, hon. We're hovering around 0ºC (32ºF) and have been for a while now. We have snow but it's melting, albeit far too slowly.

Ok @Misschief your off the hook ;) lol It is mainly the Quebec area that I get the cold from. I still love them up there but do wish they could keep their really arctic air :lol:

Oh my other gripe is that I tried to cut out coffee and missed a day (actually it got too cold to drink so I left it). I had a mild headache for 3 days. Better now but gee hate those

It's not cold here, hon. We're hovering around 0ºC (32ºF) and have been for a while now. We have snow but it's melting, albeit far too slowly.
Boo, I watch your weather as it is on my phone app because Boy3 is there. Boo, boo, boo.

I have been browsing lots of soap sites to find different soaps for the browsing soap thread.
The thing that really annoys me is that so many of the sites show you only the wrapped soap.
This one for instance:
https://www.nicholsonriversoaps.com/product-page/spearmintoatsmilksoap

Admittedly this particular soap is pretty plain but there are lots of others which have decoration which you wouldn't get to see until you bought the soap.
So annoying. Is it just me?

I need my four seasons! Was just thinking that as I trudged through the snow walking the dog yesterday. Then more snow fell overnight, which I shovelled. But there's a storm tomorrow: 10-15 cm (4-6"). What I don't like in SW Ontario is the freeze-thaw and freezing rain. I'm from Saskatchewan, where snow falls, stays for 4-6 months, and you're done. None of this warming up, refreezing and ice everywhere! But yes, it's cold there...Minnesota + North Dakota + 500 - 600 miles north....

My poor sweet dog tore her cruciate ligament in her leg and needs surgery.

How is it going now? She's in a cast and stuck in a crate?

My cat had the same injury: the cast had her howling like she was stuck in a trap. She had to live in a cage to keep her from jumping and using stairs. Finally it's time to get the cast off, and vet says she can never be allowed to jump again for the rest of her life. (seriously? how do you keep a 5 year old cat from jumping?) We bring her home and she dashes onto the counter, pushes the screen out of the kitchen window, drops several feet to the porch, dashes down those steps, runs across the yard and up the neighbor's tree. So much for that $2000 check, right? Actually, except for some arthritis later in life, she was fine. We had to let her do what she wanted though, because the more we tried to restrict her - the more she fought to run and jump.

Back