Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My gripe is our apartment maintenance crew. After work, I get out of my work clothes and I'm usually in my undies the rest of the evening. It's just me and my hubby, all of our kids are grown and gone. Today I just happen to throw on an old, thin sundress to lounge around in. I was in my bedroom talking on the phone to my mom when I thought I heard someone knocking loudly on my door. Before I even made it out of my room, a maintenance guy had opened my door and was poking his head in! It's a small 1 bedroom apartment. It only took me maybe 8 seconds to make it from my bed to the living room and he was already entering as he knocked! What's the point in knocking if you're not going to give the tenant time to respond? What I'd been in the shower? The last notice we got was for our fire extinguishers. Last week we had to put them in the hall for the company that services them to check/replace them. I'm not sure but I think there was a notice about fire alarm and leak inspections maybe 2 weeks before that? We usually get a notice up to a week before the actual inspection. There's no reason why they should've been inspecting today. I was shocked by them entering like that and I felt confused. I thought maybe I had my dates wrong or that there had been another notice but the hubby forgot to tell me. I still voiced my dislike of the situation and with a smile on his face, the young man told me that they'd only be a moment, that the inspection HAD to be done and that was why they didn't need my consent to enter! Then him and his partner preceded to do their 30 second checks of the faucets and smoke detectors. All they do is turn on/off the faucets in the kitchen and bathroom, peek under the sinks, then test the smoke detectors and then their gone. This is starting to happen frequently. It seems like they're doing it every other month. This is our second year here. Our first year here, they did it twice. I'm going to start tracking when they do these "inspections" and then I'm going to complain to the city or the management company. Complaining to the front office does very little as the staff seems to change every 3 months.
Do not wait to complain to the city. I cannot see how they could possibly be allowed to do that. Especially entering the premises without knocking and giving you time to get to the door.
Edit if it were me I would put chain locks on the doors.

My scent melts in clamshells, which weight 2.7 oz cost me approx $1.03 to make and I sell them for 6.00 each. I am high on fragrance since I use 16% fragrance in mine. I know one of my scent supplies charges $17-21 per lb but will charge around 12.50 for 4 oz . I simply will not purchase less than a lb sometimes 5lbs

My percentage tends to fall between 8 and 10, with some customs going slightly over and palm wax going slightly under. I'm thinking I may need to do a name change to tap into a wider market since my audience is specialized and growth is just ok.

Thats crazy for the scent suppliers. A $3 difference in size means a lot to the bottom line.

I have a show and it is going to be 41 F outside !
I am Inside but most are outside.... :( Won't be a prductive day if anyone even shows up.
Yesterday was 60 F and Windy , SOOOOO glad I was not outside.

Sometimes that extra $50 is SO worth it to be inside !!!

One of my dogs has panic attacks that come from nothing. Nothing at all. Its psicological. New ver doesnt believe me and so she prescribed and analgesic for my dog because her behavior must be because she is in pain. She is 15. I’m pretty sure she has pain somewhere because she is 15. But her panic attacks are not related at all. Yet the vet doesnt believe me.

I can't make soap atm. Last week I was bitten by my dog (terrier) after he had been attacked by 3 huge dogs owned by a guy who is living in a caravan next door. All the legalities are being done by our local ranger but in the meantime the dog bite in my thumb joint has been operated on to be cleaned out and they kept me in hospital for 4 days. Plus point of this all is that my trigger finger (on the same hand, middle finger) was fixed at the same time. I still can't bend my thumb and the prescious eggs my geese have been laying have been eaten by the crows.

Thats all, thanks for this outlet

I also hope your pup is ok too. So hard when they get into fights :(* Hope you heal fast

Gripe... I tossed and turned since 3:30 am today

My gripe - high melt shea butter that acts peculiar when making body butter. I've made this recipe for years and years and it's always turned out exactly the same until this week. It's got to be the shea butter from a certain supplier!! Now, I will have to sell it as a whole different item since the texture is not at all similar to what I usually make....which will require new labels and a new way of packaging the stuff. AARRRGH

One of my dogs has panic attacks that come from nothing. Nothing at all. Its psicological. New ver doesnt believe me and so she prescribed and analgesic for my dog because her behavior must be because she is in pain. She is 15. I’m pretty sure she has pain somewhere because she is 15. But her panic attacks are not related at all. Yet the vet doesnt believe me
Have you tried diffusing to calm her? I know little to nothing about it but it might be worth a shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
gripe 1 today is I got attacked and stung by my bees a few days ago and the sting site got infected on my arm and has caused my eye and face to swell up with the sting I got to my face.
gripe 2 is the owner of the company I work for but have been off sick from since April 2017 seems to have forgotten how to read English I spent 2 weeks writing a 5 page letter about how iv been treated at work and explained I wasn't well enough to attend a meeting and the reply he has written has basically said iv made a date and time for a meeting to discuss the grievance you have brought up in the last letter. I'm just super pissed off right now like absolutely FUMING about his clear inability to take responsibility for his staff who have treated me like absolute **** for over a year. I just want to leave the company and leave this utter bs behind me but he seems to be intent on dragging it out as long as he possibly can do :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:. I'm asking for something called a settlement agreement which involves being paid a lump sum and if mentioned this twice in letters and he has ignored that part of my letter twice now. oh well I'm going to walk down to talk to my solicitor and see what he can do to kick some ignorance outta the owner.

I might do some research and make a batch of shampoo bars later once I feel less aggressive and like I want to punch someone in the face

Gripe: Saturday morning Teenager #2 had a tire slashed on his car during the night. $170 for two new tires. This morning he went out and started the car (it was frosty), and came back in and said his tires were slashed again. Went outside and both back tires were slashed. This time it is getting reported to the police. We're not sure if it's someone walking home from the uptown (bar) district or if the kid is being targeted. (hmmm... give a 15 year old a convertible and his tires start getting slashed...nope, wasn't asking for trouble at all) Chris had already bought security cameras for the front and back yards that will get installed this weekend. He thinks someone is walking through the backyard and tipping over the old basketball hoop, even though I've explained to him that the base isn't stable enough to hold it upright when it gets really windy. (I've seen it go over, so I'm 100% sure it was the wind.) Anyways, I am not thrilled about the cash getting spent on the car, having security cameras at my house, or the fact that Teenager #1 and his friends are getting psuedo blamed for the slashing. Ugh.

Have you tried diffusing to calm her? I know little to nothing about it but it might be worth a shot.

Hi! Yes. We got her Adaptil and it did nothing for her. At least we got her an appointment with a different vet (same clinic), so hopefully he will be more open to the mental health problems. Fingers crossed.

Hi! Yes. We got her Adaptil and it did nothing for her. At least we got her an appointment with a different vet (same clinic), so hopefully he will be more open to the mental health problems. Fingers crossed.
Prozac is safe for dogs. I had a dog that had to be put on it as he became very anxious as he aged.

ETA: I would also exercise caution diffusing essential oils. Not all oils are safe for animals. I have been sick and diffusing in the bedroom, so both cats have been banned from the room.

I had a pug that suffered from panic attacks as she aged. Our vet and I looked into medications that had been tested on dogs. Buspar was very effective and she didn't have any physical side effects.

Thanks @ShannonAll and @amd i am not at all against putting her on some kind of medication for anxiety, thats what i am hoping for, but here she has been with 3 different vets and basically all of them are more in favor of a “this has to be something phisical like pain” and are not looking at mental health issues like anxiety because of her age which to me its quite obvious it has to be. I am hoping vet #4 will be open to that idea. Her appointment is tomorrow, so i am hoping this guy will finally give her something for that.

I'm trying to watch Doctor Who S:11 Ep:3 but I'm finding it very uncomfortable to sit through. Thank you mom and Gramma for telling me all about pre-1965 Southern Living...

Latest posts

Back