Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We caught a bunny wondering in our street, I thought it was a boy because it had a very square face, so called him Jack(didn't check the undercarriage). Went to the vet for a vaccination and got 'him' checked and he was a she ( the vet thought it was funny), so she got desexed and had a name change to Pandora. After Panda was put to sleep (long story) she wasn't even 2, dh found a breeder and there were 2 left in the litter, we wanted a girl, the first one he picked out was the boy, so the girl was the one left in the cage. I was crossing fingers he got it right, we now have Pippi, who is desexed.

My friend had her boy bunny desexed after a lot of decision making because he was constantly jumping on my girl bunny at the time, even after he was desexed until he died last year that didn't stop him, he was doing the same thing to his new girl friend, every day, so desexing him the vet said would stop that and it didn't. So now I know why. You would think the breeder would have been able to sex the bunny you got, but doesn't matter in the end, I've found boy buns are more affectionate and the girls are more independent.

We caught a bunny wondering in our street, I thought it was a boy because it had a very square face, so called him Jack(didn't check the undercarriage). Went to the vet for a vaccination and got 'him' checked and he was a she ( the vet thought it was funny), so she got desexed and had a name change to Pandora. After Panda was put to sleep (long story) she wasn't even 2, dh found a breeder and there were 2 left in the litter, we wanted a girl, the first one he picked out was the boy, so the girl was the one left in the cage. I was crossing fingers he got it right, we now have Pippi, who is desexed.

My friend had her boy bunny desexed after a lot of decision making because he was constantly jumping on my girl bunny at the time, even after he was desexed until he died last year that didn't stop him, he was doing the same thing to his new girl friend, every day, so desexing him the vet said would stop that and it didn't. So now I know why. You would think the breeder would have been able to sex the bunny you got, but doesn't matter in the end, I've found boy buns are more affectionate and the girls are more independent.

I had to do my own research to figure out the adrenal issue. Even the rabbit vets didnt know until I sent them the info and they called universities to confirm. I knew Pebs was in bad shape when he was no longer “happy” to see me...which was only the last day or so.

@amd I look at everything we have today and wonder to myself "where in the world did all this come from?" We had lost virtually everything we owned in Hurricane Katrina when she hit Mississippi head on and put 5.5 ft of water in our house 13 years ago. When we left Mississippi for Texas, we left with a small U-Haul truck not quite full of stuff we had saved or bought to replace some of what we lost. If we would have moved all our stuff with us on this move (We donated 5 pick-up truck loads of items before moving) we would have had to of had 2 of the largest U-Haul trucks (if not more), instead of just the 1 plus a large trailer and my van loaded full. It makes me feel like such a greedy person when I think about how much "crap" we have and that there are so many less fortunate that barely have anything. I could understand if we had all of these items from when we married and combined our 2 homes into 1, but we don't because we had to start over. I am going to start being more conscious about what I buy from now on because this move has really opened my eyes.

@Dean fostering would be wonderful. You are correct, you do have the complete set up, so that will be very beneficial. My parents had a Veleteen that my son had rescued from the streets of their neighborhood. When Bunny died, I tried to urge them to be fosters since they also had the entire set up, by they declined. Just a week after my mother got rid of everything, she was at the Vet with their Shepherd and a flyer had been posted that they were looking for foster homes for rabbits. I believe that people forget that there is a need for these precious furbabies to have foster homes until they can find a "place to call home". You will know when the time is right for you, but I urge you to take on this role. You never know, one of the fosters just might become your next furbaby.

Some smokers just don't get it. It's a shame, too, because I would think that it's such a no-brainer.

As a smoker, I cannot understand why other smokers just don't get it that other people do not want to smell the smoke or buy items, especially cloth or knitting, that have been smoked around. I HATE going to restaurants where smoking is allowed, going to homes of fellow smokers that smoke inside their homes, or being in a car with a smoker and they only crack the window an inch. If I smoke in public venues, it is well away from other people and always outside. There is no smoking allowed in my home, period (I have in-laws that refuse to come to my home because of this rule, they believe that we should make an exception for them....um, no, I don't smoke inside, so neither will you). I do smoke in my car, but with the window ALL the way DOWN. I have had many non-smokers get in my car over the years and be shocked when they find out that I smoke in it because they say it doesn't smell like smoke at all. I keep a plastic bottle of water half full that has a lid on it and that is where my butts go, this is what keeps the smell out of the car. I fully respect non-smokers and think that all smokers should too. As smokers, we are the ones making the choice to damage our bodies, but we shouldn't force others to be exposed to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
F-IN HEAT !!!! 96 today, don't know humidity but the FM sucked... but all in all was bearable I guess... I am such a whiner.

But Tomorrow !!! gonna hit 99 !!!!!!!!! We just don't get that Here.

I left TX to come back here for cooler weather. :( getting older and not doing well in the heat sucks

Its been an emotionally grueling two days. Yesterday AM my very elderly bun couldnt stand up. Thinking it was “time,” I took him to the vet who recommended that I try giving him his meds first thing in the AM instead. I was elated...he lives a lil longer!

Checked on him all night and he was fine...ate all of his very big dinner. This morning he couldnt stand up again. Had to hold him in his litter box so he could potty. Gave him his meds first thing and massaged his arithritic legs. It seemed to help. He hopped again.

Went shopping for things to make his life more comfortable. Came home to find him unable to get up and looking over his shoulder for help. Righted him and called him. He kept falling as he tried to get to me and couldnt stand back up. He looked miserable and was grinding his teeth pain. It was absolutely heartbreaking to see him in that condition.

Took him to the hospital as fast as I could to end his suffering. He laid on my lap very quietly while I pet him on the drive over and while we waited, which was over two hours. Tolerating that much affection in his later years was unusual for him. He seemed so exhausted. I held him as he quietly slipped away.

I just packed all of his things. It will be tough coming home from work tomorrow to an empty apartment.

I took the last pic of him yesterday. His name was Pebbles, a beautiful holland lop with an icelandic coat. He was my friend and family for 12 years. I loved him and will miss him.
View attachment 31710

I’m so sorry Dean. [emoji22]

F-IN HEAT !!!! 96 today, don't know humidity but the FM sucked... but all in all was bearable I guess... I am such a whiner.

But Tomorrow !!! gonna hit 99 !!!!!!!!! We just don't get that Here.

I left TX to come back here for cooler weather. :( getting older and not doing well in the heat sucks

Where is “here”?

Yes Mass. gonna be too hot to do anything today.
I got up at 4:20, not on purpose, had morning coffee and now ready to do pics and get soaps ready for Fair today... in the AC

@Lin19687, I'm with you! I'm in Michigan and I work in a small factory so when the temp hits 90+, it feels like 110 degrees and that's with my big shop fan on!
My gripe for today is that I have to hide in the ladies room at work lol. I pace myself because the area I work in, there's either a lot to do or nothing and I don't like just sitting there. A co-worker keeps injuring his hand. He's back in a cast which means he can't run a machine which means that I have an unwanted helper! I had 2 things to do today and I had to give 1 to "my helper". The big boss is out on the shop floor today, I have nothing to do and he keeps looking at me like he's trying to figure out why I'm just sitting there so I'm hiding until I can think of something to do.

Yes Mass. gonna be too hot to do anything today.
I got up at 4:20, not on purpose, had morning coffee and now ready to do pics and get soaps ready for Fair today... in the AC

Mass. is beautiful. Vacationed there last yr. Try to stay cool.

My gripe is 3 nights of insomnia.

secret... sleeping pill, just a 1/4, enough to sleep but not be totally hung over in the morning.

Gripe, I was up at 4am .... stupid Spider dream !@

Gripe: Main network at work is down so we are running through backup network. It is incredibly sllllooooowwwww. My shortest wait time to open a document has been 42 minutes.

Gripe: Got caught in a speed trap on my way home for lunch. Can't wait for the hubs to see that ticket! He's gonna be so proud. (He often complains because I drive like an old lady, usually 5 miles under the speed limit. Today I was so excited to go home to a kid-free house that I kicked it up a notch... 6 mph too much as it turns out.)

@Lin19687 my church is interviewing a pastor from Mass - I'm curious what your winters are like. He seemed concerned that our SD winters might be too harsh for him.

Oh, dear, amd! I have a hard and fast rule (that I don't always follow, but try to) to only speed 4 miles per hour over the speed limit. Since doing that I don't get speeding tickets, but boy sometimes it's really hard to even stick to that when many go so much faster (much of California, but other places as well) or when in places where it appears there is no one else on the road (long stretches in Wyoming). But then I see 2 or 3 cars being stopped all in a short stretch and remember why I do this.

It's funny you say your Husband will be proud of your speeding ticket. Mine was just complaining before I went on this last trip that I hadn't driven the car much at all since he'd changed the oil. Then I went on a 2300 mile (round trip) excursion and he complained because they changed the oil when the 'oil flame trap' was replaced ('I just spent a lot of money on expensive synthetic oil,' says he). Geez Louise, what's up with these guys, eh? Regarding the complaint that I wasn't traveling enough, I said, you should ask your co-workers what they think of that, as I'm pretty sure none of them would complain that their wives aren't put enough mileage on their cars. :rolleyes:

@earlene my husband was quite amused last night. It was rather humorous because I left the ticket at his spot at the dinner table. We sat down to dinner and he saw the ticket... he started chewing out the 15 year old for getting a ticket! It didn't even occur to him that it was ME! Fortunately the kid found it just as funny as I did.

Gripe: Main network at work is down so we are running through backup network. It is incredibly sllllooooowwwww. My shortest wait time to open a document has been 42 minutes.

Gripe: Got caught in a speed trap on my way home for lunch. Can't wait for the hubs to see that ticket! He's gonna be so proud. (He often complains because I drive like an old lady, usually 5 miles under the speed limit. Today I was so excited to go home to a kid-free house that I kicked it up a notch... 6 mph too much as it turns out.)

@Lin19687 my church is interviewing a pastor from Mass - I'm curious what your winters are like. He seemed concerned that our SD winters might be too harsh for him.

I love it. I haven't had a ticket in 31 years. Knock wood. My husband got the last ticket and I'm the speed demon. We have several speed traps on my drive to work (8 mile drive) but I've been driving it for 40 years and know where they lurk so behave myself.

Back