Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I used to start catching a cold I went to my gym, which had an excellent steam room, and sat in the steamroom for as long as was advisable....20 min or so. The heat seemed to kill the virus and....no cold after all...worth a shot if you can do it.
I am not aware of any of the gyms in our city having a steam room. Even if it didn't kill the cold itself, it actually sounds like a great way to spend 20 minutes. :)
I am just hoping this cold stays in my head where I will be over it in less than a week. So far it has and I am hoping with a lot of rest that it won't progress. I slept a combined total of about 10 hours last night....gotta love nyquil!

I am not aware of any of the gyms in our city having a steam room. Even if it didn't kill the cold itself, it actually sounds like a great way to spend 20 minutes. :)
I am just hoping this cold stays in my head where I will be over it in less than a week. So far it has and I am hoping with a lot of rest that it won't progress. I slept a combined total of about 10 hours last night....gotta love nyquil!

do you have a YMCA there? they usually have a sauna and a steam room

H2O... there's one there.

@DKing
Healing Hug.jpg

I don't know if you are into it or not but I have an herbal tea remedy that I use at the first sign of a cold or flu.
1 bag echinacea tea
1 bag peppermint tea
2 cups boiling hot water - steep 6 minutes. - Remove tea bags
Add a spoonful of honey (or to taste)

Drink a little throughout the day -- no more & no less than 2 cups. I save some for just before bedtime -- soothing to the throat.
Drink daily for 4-7 days, but no more than 7 days due to echinacea being a powerful herb if you take too much.

At night, I get a good night's sleep with Alka Selzer Plus Cold Tablets that I plop-plop, fizz-fizz in water 20 minutes before bedtime. Feel free to use any OTC nighttime cold remedy you like.

HTH

@DKing
View attachment 43191
I don't know if you are into it or not but I have an herbal tea remedy that I use at the first sign of a cold or flu.
1 bag echinacea tea
1 bag peppermint tea
2 cups boiling hot water - steep 6 minutes. - Remove tea bags
Add a spoonful of honey (or to taste)

Drink a little throughout the day -- no more & no less than 2 cups. I save some for just before bedtime -- soothing to the throat.
Drink daily for 4-7 days, but no more than 7 days due to echinacea being a powerful herb if you take too much.

At night, I get a good night's sleep with Alka Selzer Plus Cold Tablets that I plop-plop, fizz-fizz in water 20 minutes before bedtime. Feel free to use any OTC nighttime cold remedy you like.

HTH
I have both echinacea and peppermint tea in my tea cabinet so I will have a cup or two today. Thanks for the reminder!!

They were setting up for Valentine’s Day at Hobby Lobby Saturday—❤️
I don't know about elsewhere, but here, we got our first shipment of Christmas stuff in the first week of May. The first week of November started our Spring Collection, which has been 40% off since pretty much Thanksgiving. We've had Valentine stuff out for about a week now.

Normally, I enjoy working as a cashier, but some of these customers take the cake. Listened to a customer blast our CSM for doing his job tonight. Every register was open, we were packed, and this guy was going ballistic because the CSM was running between multiple cashiers trying to do bill checks, make change and answer our manager's calls. CSM tried to politely explain that he was following company policy, but the guy chewed him out. Loudly. I had to deal with several that wanted to nitpick over every little thing. Christmas is pretty much on clearance at 80%. A couple of my customers wanted to complain that $0.60 was still too much for a $3 item. Then, several wanted to complain about us closing at 5:30pm instead of the normal 8:00. Every single one of us was beyond ready to leave tonight.

Gripe : I had to clean up the soaping kitchen so we can roast the turkey down here!
Gratitude : i actually have a soaping kitchen. And I get a 10-dish NYD meal that most people have for Christmas Day, but we have such an elaborate {12-dish} Christmas Eve dinner that we can't possibly do it all again the next day.

Updating and rewriting my resume.

For 4 years I’ve been talking about getting a new job. Haphazard applying and only one interview. Starting from scratch and this is a pain in the ass. Doesn’t help that I don’t actually know what I want to be when I grow up and my experience pushes me towards jobs I don’t actually want.

Doesn’t help that I don’t actually know what I want to be when I grow up and my experience pushes me towards jobs I don’t actually want.

Here's a tip from "What Color is Your Parachute" that got me my dream job:
Make a list of all the things you do well.
Make another list of things you love.
Think of a job that combines those attributes.
Search for a company in your area that fulfills those criteria and contact them directly.

For me, I had strong organizational & administrative skills and I love art. I landed a job on the first call which also happened to be the business closest to my home, Studio West. It was an Art Supply + Art Gallery + Frame Shop. I met the owner for lunch. She had two stores and needed a manager for the second store. She offered me the position on the spot.

I truly enjoyed going to work everyday. I sold art supplies to students at the college near by and to wannabee artists that belonged to a local club. I met with artists on a regular basis when they brought in pieces for the consignment gallery and picked up a check for what had sold. Never a dull moment due to the volume of framing orders. I helped customers choose mat colors and frames for their treasured pictures. But I liked framing most of all. I like working with my hands. My daddy was a carpenter/home builder and he taught us how to build stuff when we were growing up.

HTH & Best of Luck finding something that makes you as fulfilled as I was! :)

Last edited:
YIKES! I don't blame ya. What a nightmare. I guess the Holiday Spirit went out the window once the Holiday was over. Sheesh.

Sure seems that way. Grinches and Scrooges all the way around. At least night gave us some amusement. Except for the poor girl that it happened to. She's scared she'll get in serious trouble for what happened. My son and I were in papercrafts doing the last bit of go backs before we clocked out. Came across a wannabe slick switch. Customer brought in several items to return, right at closing. Cashier never noticed that they weren't even our items. The customer had taped and glued labels from our products on top of ones from another store. They did a good job, but forgot to cover the back labeling. I showed the csm and manager what we found and the cashier that did the transaction freaked when we told her. I knew the customer had to have come through her line during a rush. Sure enough, it was that last rush right at closing. Even I would have been hard pressed not to miss it during a rush.

Right now though, I'm ready to go postal at UPS. Placed 2 orders around Black Friday with WSP. They shipped on time, both arrived in the city on time. One due for delivery on Dec 11 and the other that Friday. UPS "changed the address" for the 1st delivery and I am STILL waiting on it. The 2nd package arrived without issue. Filed a claim with UPS and it was denied. Rep from WSP hasn't been able to find out anything from them either. So now, I've been arguing with UPS almost daily about my missing package. That's a $50 order of lotion making supplies they've lost and I've got customers waiting for the lotions they've ordered.

Updating and rewriting my resume.

For 4 years I’ve been talking about getting a new job. Haphazard applying and only one interview. Starting from scratch and this is a pain in the ass. Doesn’t help that I don’t actually know what I want to be when I grow up and my experience pushes me towards jobs I don’t actually want.

Me too. See below what I'm doing

Gripe .. took FMLA for thumb surgery (today) but work (hospital) have me griff to get it. I don't go back till the 14th but I'm gonna quit on the 10th.
I got a job as a bar back so I can train as a bartender..... Dream job lol

My gripes are inanimate objects! Clothes hangers catching, forgetting what I did with...., why I came in here, getting up at dawn & not getting it all done, robo calls that I should’ve answered, & hangers!!

I got a job as a bar back so I can train as a bartender..... Dream job lol
Don't laugh! :) My daughter the high-school- drop-out trained to be a bartender at a top club in Denver. With that training, she worked her way around the world. Not once, but twice. Her first gig after Denver, she crewed on a sailing ship in the Caribbean Sea and met people from all over that invited her to stay with them if she was ever in Italy, for example -- from the Guccis! She was in Berlin 2 weeks after the wall came down. Did 2 tours in Soho, London. 6 months in Greece. A year in Australia where she moonlighted as a radio DJ. She bought a house in Maui and now, at age 52, works as a property manager. After work every day, she walks down to the beach at sunset to meet up with friends and give thanks for the day.

I would trade my college education for that kind of life in an instant!!!

I have a cold! I got sick on december 31, so yay new years in bed feeling horrible. Its day 3 now. Still sick, but dont feel as bad. I cant smell anything and I also missed my 10 year anniversary with my boyfriend (postponed until next week probably). Yay. I want to do stuff but the runny nose and teary eyes are not helping.

People, just stupid ass people who dont want to be bothered by researching a new craft or hobby and just jump in head first and wonder why they mess up.

Back