Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bad news: 5 year old furnace is broken
good news: warranty covers the $600+ repair
bad news: they don't have the part. maybe they'll have it friday but no guarantees.
good news: making soap generates heat, right?

My co-worker. On one hand I want to tell the boss to let her go because I honestly don’t see her working out (it’s been six weeks), but business is growing and we’re getting into our crazy time and I don’t have time to do both jobs. I have given this woman all the tools she needs to be successful and grow in her job, but she just sets them aside, does things as she has always done, then doesn’t understand when things don’t work out.

some days I would love to throw my puter out the window---I am trying to get labels from avery but it just isn't working, I am getting ready to call it quits and just hand write them or stenciling (which for what I have to do will stink)

So
I went to the Cemetary today to check on my Step Dads marker. It was not the marker I ordered. I am so f........mad. I asked to have a Veteran's Bronze marker and it is a cheap Vetren's granite marker. Why would I want a granite when I could get a Bronze. I am so freak'in mad. Rose Hills will be hearing from me. Why should I be surprised after everything else that is happening? :hairpulling::hairpulling::hairpulling::hairpulling:
So sorry this happened. No excuse for this. Hope all turns out well. Keep us posted.

I made liquid soap last night and was up till 11:45pm (have to be up at the latest 6am, and I don't do well on little sleep...like have a literal diagnosed condition where I need more sleep than an average adult...so this was a bad choice on my part but I digress), I go to tell my husband goodnight and he tells me that I should get a realtor's license...Dude, I work full time, have a side business, and two three year olds...just No. So my whole night of sleep was ruined because I'm like what the hell does he expect of me? Also, said husband does next to nothing to help with the aforementioned three year olds.

I've gained 15 lbs this year and now none of my cold weather clothes fit. I decided to order a wool skirt online a size up from what I was last year- and I still can't get the zipper up

Looks like I need to try to resell it and find something else to wear to Thanksgiving.

I go to tell my husband goodnight and he tells me that I should get a realtor's license...
I hear your frustration, Megan! However, hubbies are basically "problem solvers", even those with limited insight and sensitivity. :rolleyes: Schedule a sit-down to talk about his "solution". Start with, "I'd like to explore your suggestion of getting a realtor's license. How much time can you set aside to watch the kiddos when I'm on call 24-7-365 getting my license, showing houses, holding open-houses, closing sales, et cetera?"
Who knows? Maybe he'll come up with a better solution. Or, at the very least, gain some understanding how useless it is to just throw something out there that serves no useful purpose. Nuff said. ;)

Looks like I need to try to resell it and find something else to wear to Thanksgiving.
Hmmm. Why not return it for the next size up? Or do what the rest of us do to lose weight before an event... starve. LOL

Seriously, Kosmerta, the only good thing about a complaint like this is that you have identified a problem. The solution is up to you. If you're unhappy with your weight gain, you have two choices... buy "fat" clothes to accept your new figure or diet and exercise to get back to your former weight. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
, I go to tell my husband goodnight and he tells me that I should get a realtor's license...Dude, I work full time, have a side business, and two three year olds...just No.

Could the suggestion have been a compliment in that he thinks you'd be a good realtor?

No, unfortunately. He just wants to flip houses and avoid paying the Realtor's fee.

Groan. Well, there are ways to sell a house without a realtor... Comfree, Kijiji,
But you certainly don't need that extra hassle yourself.

Trivial I know but I had a lovely soap concept go right out the window as soon as I added the fragrance oil. It went from emulsion to soap on a stick in like 2.5 seconds. I beat it to death to get it at least to pour into the mold but the color concept died. Oh well, at least it smells good.

FYI, People are starting to NOT by flipped houses. Most people don't do it correctly and just do small things that cover up bad things
Good to know. His friend is a professional contractor, and we are confident in his abilites...but I understand the perception might not be good.

I feel like I'm being a negative Nancy lately...this morning my twins had an hour long meltdown getting ready for preschool. Normally it's just one at a time if someone is throwing a temper tantrum but today there must have been something in the air because they were both having a fit. They ran out the clock on when we would have had to leave so that I could have been to work on time, so I go down to tell my husband (still sleeping) that he has to take them this morning. His response: "just close their door"...my response "I guess I'll just be late for work". Fifteen minutes later he finally gets up to help and I'm like well I'm already late so I might as well just take them!

Being late to work isn't a huge deal...I'll just make up the time, as I'm forever in debt with this company for taking care of sick kids, etc. anyway...plus, no one is getting anything to me in terms of feedback or what I need to be doing anyway so most of my time at work feels wasted...which makes me wonder if there's any point to even being here.

Latest posts

Back