Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheese is brutal. We have ONE party per year, at Christmas, and I started on the cheese plate in early September. Whenever I go to Costco, I get whatever cheese is on sale. I think I'm up to 8 kinds so far :p
they're in the back of the downstairs fridge so NO ONE OPENS THEM!

I got a message this morning that my mom had been admitted into the hospital. She was out having dinner with her sister and friends and according to my mom, she passed out. My mom was admitted to the hospital and several tests have been done. No diagnosis yet. I spoke with my mom very briefly earlier and my aunt filled me in. It sounds like my mom might have had a small stroke. She's currently doing OK, she had a BP spike earlier and she's on meds for that. I'm extra stressed out about this because my mom is the last of my immediate family. My brother passed away in 2011 and my dad in 2013. I'm in Denmark and my mom is in Texas, so going to visit her isn't easy. She has her sister and other family in the area. Please send some love our way. I will take some deep breaths and do the best I can to take care of myself and my family.

@MarnieSoapien My stepson is moving to Victoria TX around Nov 15. Where is your mom?
Healing Hug.jpg

The BIG healing hug is for your mom, may she be all better soon.

@Lin19687 , @Zany_in_CO and @Marilyn Norgart Thanks for your support. Last night I slept well and when I woke up this morning I had a message from my mom. Still no diagnosis yet, but she had a MRI yesterday. The nurses told her she should get a diagnosis tomorrow (or for me, later in the afternoon or evening). Fingers crossed that it's nothing serious.

Zany, I forgot to mention that my mom lives in Lufkin.

my labels were supposed to be delivered yesterday--via UPS who pawned it off on USPS. nobody knows where they are--the PO was kind enough to tell me they would be delivered on Sat though--I was so mad at that point that I couldn't even ask them how they knew they would be delivered on Sat if they didn't even know where they were. the POs tracking said they were at the PO since Monday. this isn't the first time and I had looked into having them done locally so that is what I did this morning--I think this is going to be so much less stressful for me and I wont have to order a ton just to get free shipping--plus they seem to be a bit cheaper. Plus I love being able to buy local
UPDATED: my pkg was sent to a town around 150 miles away so it has to be re-routed back to the right PO

Last edited:
Update: My mom was discharged from the hospital yesterday! I was out trick or treating with our youngest when she called to tell me, and I didn't get to speak with her, so I still don't know what, if any, diagnosis she was given. I'll talk to her today and get more details.

After reading this month's challenge sign-up list, I have a certain Dead or Alive song stuck in my head for the day.....

Every time it leaves my head, I get a notification to come back to this thread hahaha

@Dawni Thanks. My mom is at home and seems to be doing just fine. The official diagnosis was... she passed out, reasons unknown, possibly due to a small piece of plaque breaking off from an artery and briefly blocking the blood flow.

Latest posts

Back