Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He has HFMD. Hand, foot n mouth disease... We haven't slept well in days coz of the discomfort and to make things worse it looks like I caught it.
:eek: Good grief! I'm so sorry to hear that! If you don't mind my asking, how do you treat that? What's the prognosis? I hope you have someone around to come in and help you through it? Gentle hug to both of you. :sadgoodbye:

Zany, for more info on HFMD, here is a link to an article. Currently there is no vaccine or specific treatment modality other than symptom specific treatment. The World Health Organization and others around the world are attempting to find more useful information to prevent or at least diminish the impact of this disease. Cedars Sanai has this which goes into some of the treatment. WHO's guidelines are 71 pages long, so rather more than the layperson may want to read, but here is a link if you are interested in more detail. The CDC puts this out which is a bit more layperson friendly. And the Cleveland Clinic includes some practical advise to prevent spreading of the disease.

Dawni, I do hope your family recovers quickly without incident. I suspect the discomfort must be very hard to bear as a child. You are not pregnant are you? I don't mean to scare you, by asking that, but there are risks involved and hope you have discussed it with your physician if so.

Nope. Not pregnant @earlene

We have no idea where he got it. My sister is a doctor and she diagnosed it. My mom is in and out the house almost everyday, and I had gone for some tests for my annual routine check up a couple of days before....... We could have easily picked up something and gave it to him, despite thinking everything we touched was clean. Stupid, I know.

It being viral though... Nothing to do but wade it out. Poor guy is freckled with red bumpy spots and it's mostly nights when they bother him. Can't tell if it's an itch or an ouch coz they sound the same to us. My sister is monitoring him, in case there's something else on top of this, because of his lowered resistance.

He's not had an appetite for some days and I was getting worried about dehydration but today he was finally in the mood to eat full meals, and his energy seems to be back. Been monkeying around the room lol

We've been busy trying our best to disinfect the whole house so his kuya (elder brother) and lola (grandma) don't get it. Also, coconut oil with a drop each of lavender, lemon and tea tree EOs seem to be relieving him off some discomfort and he's taken to asking for a "massage" when he feels something coming on hehe

I don't have the blisters like he does, which is apparently more probable in children under 10 but I am running a fever, and the "blisters" are in my throat. Not too bad. Just have to be careful not to spread the virus around.

I'll hug ya back @Zany_in_CO but only coz you aren't gonna get anything from me lol

Thanks @Marilyn Norgart and @dibbles :)

Last edited:
Gripe. diseases

@Dawni best thing now is to disinfect everything and keep others out of your house so it doesn't spread elsewhere. Make sure to DRINK for the both of you. I know it can be hard due to swallowing may be painful. Little sips all day long. Also make sure he has water bath, not outside where it will spread or stay around longer, but in a tub. Not a lot of water, just to help keep him hydrated on the outside ;) Plus if he is a tubby boy (bath tub not cuddy child) then he won't mind and will help his mood

I have a gripe today! I am oh so frustrated! I ordered from wsp during their sale. I changed my address in their system to have my order delivered to a different address. When I went to check my tracking it showed the partial new address with new town along with original town at the bottom. I went in and changed my address. I contacted wsp and was told they would reroute for $20/box. At this point it will cost well over $100. I went back into my account 4 times and it kept kicking out my new address. This is their mistake and I am expected to pay for it. My other option is to drive 4 hours round trip to pick it up at a "will call" center. I tried asking if the ups driver would figure it out. The street address matches the first town listed, not the second. They can call ups to reroute but not to tell them to disregard the bottom town. I could understand if this was my mistake but it was their website that kept screwing up. I put everything I had to my name to put the order in and even coming up with enough gas to drive that far will be a problem. I like their product but I doubt I will ever order from them again! so so hurt!

I have a gripe today! I am oh so frustrated! I ordered from wsp during their sale. I changed my address in their system to have my order delivered to a different address. When I went to check my tracking it showed the partial new address with new town along with original town at the bottom. I went in and changed my address. I contacted wsp and was told they would reroute for $20/box. At this point it will cost well over $100. I went back into my account 4 times and it kept kicking out my new address. This is their mistake and I am expected to pay for it. My other option is to drive 4 hours round trip to pick it up at a "will call" center. I tried asking if the ups driver would figure it out. The street address matches the first town listed, not the second. They can call ups to reroute but not to tell them to disregard the bottom town. I could understand if this was my mistake but it was their website that kept screwing up. I put everything I had to my name to put the order in and even coming up with enough gas to drive that far will be a problem. I like their product but I doubt I will ever order from them again! so so hurt!
So sorry this happened. That is horrible customer service. I hope UPS sorts it out.

And here I thought it's over.... After the fever came the rash.. He has HFMD. Hand, foot n mouth disease... We haven't slept well in days coz of the discomfort and to make things worse it looks like I caught it. I just hope we don't give it to anyone else, or I give it back to him.
Oh no! I hope you all get better soon.

That is lousy and uncalled for. Did you happen to get to the owner Debbie and talk to her? I will say their customer service is quite lousy and I purchase only a few things from them. Several years ago I found my 1 lb butters were short packed, and after going through more than one customer service I finally got Debbie on the phone. Of course, it never happens is what I was told, but she did credit back for the shortage. Have you tried calling UPS and give them the address? UPS should be able to correct it.
ETA: sometimes you can schedule UPS to hold the package and you can pick it up if you have a local UPS location.

Last edited:
People suck.. I am caregiver for my mother just like i was caregiver for my dad until he passed away. I moved her 100 miles so she was 6 miles from me so I could take better care of her and I clean her house, buy her groceries, help with her bills, shower her, everything a caregiver and daughter would do. I am there several days a week and my mom has a nice 2 bedroom apartment and about everything she would need or want.

Her best friend though, messages me several times a week for updates on when im going to do this or take care of that... complains she has her own problems and cant take care of this for my mom or that (And no one asked her to) Most of the things she asks about are already planned but apparently, not fast enough. She is a lifetime family friend but i hit my limit tonight and let her have it. I told her the only people I have to answer to is my Mother and God.

Whew

I am so sorry this happened to you. You can try downloading the UPS app and changing your delivery address there. I love the app and have had no issues with it. But, i have never had to change my delivery address.

@cedarstar After the Tracking number is listed, call UPS, tell them the issue.
They should be able to fix that in their system so the driver gets it to you. Since the town doesn't match, it should be easy

My gripe is that nobody sells methocarbamol *without* the painkiller. You can get Robax, which is methocarbamol with ibuprofen and you can get Robaxacet, which is methocarbamol with acetaminophen, but in both cases, you overdose on the analgesic before getting to the effective dose of the muscle relaxant!! Last time I was in this much pain from a muscle spasm, I was able to buy it separately (Robaxin) but now, nothing :-(
In theory, my real gripe should be that I wrenched my back so severely when emptying the dehumidifier that I took meds and called in sick to work, but I've been sitting here for hours with a heating pad and so I'm directing my gripiness toward Big Pharma instead.
Sitting here *still in my work clothes* because it hurts too much to change. Haven't even been able to go cut the new fugly soap.
Have spent some quality time reading and posting on SMF though!!

That is lousy and uncalled for. Did you happen to get to the owner Debbie and talk to her?
Good advice! :thumbs: I have had very good luck dealing with Debbie directly. Unfortunately, I haven't purchased from WSP in a couple of years. I think her direct line was on the "Thank you" note she emails with the order.

My gripe is that nobody sells methocarbamol *without* the painkiller. You can get Robax, which is methocarbamol with ibuprofen and you can get Robaxacet, which is methocarbamol with acetaminophen, but in both cases, you overdose on the analgesic before getting to the effective dose of the muscle relaxant!! Last time I was in this much pain from a muscle spasm, I was able to buy it separately (Robaxin) but now, nothing :-(
In theory, my real gripe should be that I wrenched my back so severely when emptying the dehumidifier that I took meds and called in sick to work, but I've been sitting here for hours with a heating pad and so I'm directing my gripiness toward Big Pharma instead.
Sitting here *still in my work clothes* because it hurts too much to change. Haven't even been able to go cut the new fugly soap.
Have spent some quality time reading and posting on SMF though!!

I wish we could get any of the pain killers here that your Country can get. When youre working from bed because you cant sit in a chair, Tylenol doesnt quite cut it but if you ask for more, they treat you like a drug seeker.

That said, I am sorry that you hurt your back. No worse kind of pain in my book and I hope you find some relief soon.

For my gripe today: Arrogant people.. you know the ones, the Chickens who prance around the room because in their heads, they were born a peacock.. those are the ones Id like to punch in the head.

Gripe to Bosses that are having a bad day. Then when the phones are quiet and we all chit chat (like she does too) we get spoken to. Then say maybe we should train you to do the other peoples jobs too for when you are not busy........ ummm unless you are going to pay me for 2 jobs, double my pay, then you can eat it !
Take your bad day and go home !

Back