Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have the patience to wait a year for a castle lol
LOL I don't like castile soaps, but I do wait up to a year (usually much longer) before I will use a salt bar. Ideally I wait 2 years before using a salt bar. IMO that is the perfect age of the bar, however, after 16+ years of soapmaking, even that isn't really that long. I have some bars that I'm just now getting around to using that are upwards of 5-6 years old. They are AWESOME soaps!!

My gripe? The Secretary of State sure are persnickety about wording on notarized documents before they will apostile something. GRRR

I don't have the patience to wait a year for a castle lol

My gripe is that the Urban Legend that it takes a castile soap a year to cure persists. Tain't so. The truth of the matter is, curing for that length of time is a matter of preference. In my own experience, the longest I've done it is 12 weeks, which was the "norm" back in the day (2004) when I made my first castile soap.

QUOTE: Allow the bars to cure for 4-6 weeks, and enjoy! Some soapers prefer to allow Castile soap to cure for up to 6 months to a year! The longer the cure time, the more the lather will improve. This soap is made with 100% olive oil, which is called Castile soap. Aug 30, 2016 /END QUOTE
Source: Simple Castile Cold Process Soap Tutorial - Soap Queen
https://www.soapqueen.com/bath-and-body-tutorials/castile-cold-process-soap-tutorial/
https://www.soapqueen.com/bath-and-body-tutorials/castile-cold-process-soap-tutorial/

Is there such thing as an anti rain dance? This is my side yard, The crops arent looking so good around here either. Weve been under a flood warning since April and now several areas are under flash flood warnings.
flooding.jpg

Is there such thing as an anti rain dance?
You hold hands and form a circle with all your little friends and sing, "Rain, rain, go away. Come again some other day." That's the only one I know of. :(
Seriously, "Hope for the best but prepare for the worst" is just about all anyone in this situation can do. My heart goes out to you.
Love:Girl.gif

Yes, Grasshopper, the first rule of soap making is PATIENCE. After a few cures, it will be old hat and you will develop a rhythm that allows you to gleefully anticipate the result. (Well, maybe not "gleefully" haha)

Perfect! Whatever else, allow the soap to "do it's thing". It has much to teach you and you will learn throughout the process by observing and taking good notes for the next time. :cool:
Thanks for the encouragement. I have to say, I tested my first soap at the two week mark and it did feel better than the first day I tested it so now I have something to look forward to.

I missed out on the first round of tickets to a sporting event that I wanted to go to because my computer wouldn't load the seating chart properly and I had to keep reloading it. Grrrr.

There is supposed to be a second round of tickets being released in a couple of weeks so hopefully I can get some then. Fingers crossed.

It's my son's birthday today, he's turning 5 and has been asking for a Paw Patrol birthday cake. I made him a chocolate cake from scratch and chocolate butter cream frosting. I was in a hurry and noticed a stick of butter in the fridge and grabbed that for the frosting, not noticing that it was GARLIC BUTTER. I accidently made chocolate garlic butter cream frosting for my 5 year old's birthday cake?! Aargh! The offending frosting has been removed and I will be making new frosting as soon as I can get the taste out of my mouth. And my hubby gets home with more dark chocolate.

It's my son's birthday today, he's turning 5 and has been asking for a Paw Patrol birthday cake. I made him a chocolate cake from scratch and chocolate butter cream frosting. I was in a hurry and noticed a stick of butter in the fridge and grabbed that for the frosting, not noticing that it was GARLIC BUTTER. I accidently made chocolate garlic butter cream frosting for my 5 year old's birthday cake?! Aargh! The offending frosting has been removed and I will be making new frosting as soon as I can get the taste out of my mouth. And my hubby gets home with more dark chocolate.
Oh No :eek:
I've made plenty of funny looking, lopsided birthday cakes but at least they tasted good. Sorry that happened. Also sorry that I'm a little amused.

I made an orange cake with orange frosting one year for my sons birthday--by the way he loved oranges. 25 years later I still get teased by both the boys about that cake :eek::eek:. next time they start in on my poor sad orange cake I might just have to tell them about yours :rolleyes:. gotta say I am kinda intrigued by choco garlic frosting

Honestly, I bet it tasted great. I can just imagine the taste. In my mind, not a bad combo...

My gripe is that my neon and glo-light tetras have decided my female betta Clarke is only there for them to chew fins off of. Clarke is a good fish and doesn't pick on anyone (she did bite the trapdoor snail's eye stalk yesterday but in her defense she thought it was a worm and hasn't done it again). The tetras just started nipping her recently and if they don't stop the only place for them to go is the tank with Granny, my other female betta who won't put up with nippers.

Honestly, I bet it tasted great. I can just imagine the taste. In my mind, not a bad combo...
It wasn't terrible, but chocolate garlic is just kind of a weird flavor combo. I thought I might be able to cover up the garlic taste with enough ice cream but in the end decided to just make more frosting.

It wasn't terrible, but chocolate garlic is just kind of a weird flavor combo. I thought I might be able to cover up the garlic taste with enough ice cream but in the end decided to just make more frosting.
I don't know I guess I have weird tastes. I know people look at me like I have 3 heads when I tell them I make jalepeno ice cream, and habenero/fruit smoothies. So a chocolate garlic frosting wouldn't freak me out. I think I'd quite enjoy it.

Latest posts

Back