Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another 6 trees cut down today. Lost to oak wilt. :( IMG_20180314_184323.jpg

DS isn't working till 2 today so he is still sleeping. I wanted to soap this morning but I don't want to make that much noise.
He is SOOO good about being quiet when he comes home at 12-2 am that I feel bad if I make any noise :)

Wanted to make some soap tonight in my lovely new upland moulds. Stepping up the batch size to double what I've been making. Got everything ready, started weighing oils and realized that my bowls aren't anywhere near large enough for a batch of this size. I'll have to go get some buckets tomorrow. Oops!

Someone fired a gunshot through our across-the-street neighbor's window last night. The police found the bullet. No one was hurt, Deo Gratias. I'm more scared than angry. If the shooter had done a 180°, that bullet would have gone through our window. We live in an upscale neighborhood. I've always felt safe. Now this. :(

Someone fired a gunshot through our across-the-street neighbor's window last night. The police found the bullet. No one was hurt, Deo Gratias. I'm more scared than angry. If the shooter had done a 180°, that bullet would have gone through our window. We live in an upscale neighborhood. I've always felt safe. Now this. :(

We shoot back in this neighborhood.
Need some help?

So sorry Zany

That is awful Zany. Do you have CCTV on any of the houses?
Hopefully they can identify this person and get them off the streets (before Steve gets there ;))
Stay safe.

(I was going to have a whinge about the up and coming bushfires this weekend - we have warnings out for our state, hopefully this is the last blast of intense heat and wild winds before the Autumn change arrives properly).

Oh my! :eek: That would frighten the living daylights out of me! Hope you're OK and I hope they catch the culprit soon. Keep safe. x

Three notices within a day at different times from this one particular vendor that my order was up next. I am sitting here wondering if they picked up the order and got distracted a total of 3 times or if I am just getting 3 of the same order. The time it takes for them to tell me I am next they could have packed and shipped the order. Annoyed.

Zanny, I am glad you guys are ok. Stay safe.

Cleaning- need I say more. Also, my gate shrunk over the winter and the latch got loose. My dogs got out yesterday and my neighbor was good enough to corral them back in and block the gate. However, someone called the police on me, even though I took care of the gate within an hour of finding out last night. Why do people think the police don't have more important things to do?

My new Palm oil has grainy bits in it that are not dissolving when heated, but gone when I SB it o_O
Sent an Email to the seller disappeared from my sent box .

I'm so glad that you and your neighbors are ok Zany. I hope they catch the shooter soon.

We have an air mattress and it seems to have sprung a major leak but we can't locate it. What makes me even more mad is that it didn't start leaking until the morning after I woke up with only 1 earring. We think I lost it in my sleep and it poked a hole but we can't find my earring either! Since I work days and DH works nights, we've been taking turns sleeping on the couch until we can either find the hole or get another mattress. Tonight I started watching a movie, lost track of time and forgot to wake him. He rushed out without a lunch. He wasn't upset or anything but I still feel bad,

Logic says that the earring is inside the air mattress

We have an air mattress and it seems to have sprung a major leak but we can't locate it. What makes me even more mad is that it didn't start leaking until the morning after I woke up with only 1 earring. We think I lost it in my sleep and it poked a hole but we can't find my earring either

Take all the bedding off, and wet it down ... look for bubbles. If you don't have any luck, add a thick soapy mix, or bubble blowing mix, and spread that over ... the bubbles will hang around long enough for you to see them then.

You might be able to recover the earring by deflating the mattress (tip it up so the earring falls towards the air intake hole). Once it's deflated, you can hopefully fetch the earring.

To patch the hole, if you have a large enough air opening, you can apply a bicycle patch to the inside of the hole ... that'll work because the pressure will help with the seal (once you've managed to glue the patch in place :D)

Latest posts

Back