Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Susie, just think , the longer you let it heal correctly, the better you will feel years from now !! (I'm in the medical field)

Yes, me too. I know it needs to heal. However, we are guessing at what is wrong with my ankle. He said if it is not any better by yesterday to call back and we do an MRI. I was far too busy at work yesterday to call. I will call him Monday as it is no better. I wouldn't mind the inconvenience if it was working. I personally think the problem right now is that I need to really get off of it for longer distance walking. Then I would think that it has a fair chance of doing some healing.

;) It's hard to let things heal when there is so much to do ! haha maybe a nice long weekend of rest will help :)

Gripe... laundry when you just don't feel like going in the basement. Last load in dryer, now wrinkly I bet, Oh well. Maybe I'll walk down there tomorrow hahaha

I get you Isg. I was going to call mine Sunrise Soaps, and then found out that someone in Kansas had the exact same name. Don't know who came up with it first, but I changed mine to Soaps by Sunrise.

As my mother would say, "You do know that the laundry doesn't do itself, don't you?"
Smack Laugh.gif

DH does mine :D

When my husband and I moved in together, I told him "I work 3 jobs, you work 1 job, we have 4 kids, and 3 floors in our house. I'm not doing all this by myself. Pick dishes or laundry (the two jobs that I hate the most) and we'll figure the rest out." He picked laundry - and I am so thankful! He is far better at it than I am, our laundry is always done, folded, and mostly put away. Training the kids for the rest of the household chores is going to take much longer...

I can't imagine how our clothes would look if my DH did the laundry.:shakinghead:
My DH is not allowed to use the washer/dryer after he tried to "help" early on. LOL So now the only 2 roles that are exclusive to each of us, is I do laundry, he cooks. That's the deal, it's in the vows. LOL

I bought my son and daughter-in-law a dishwasher for their anniversary. She told him to stay away from the dishwasher, she would load the dishes and turn on the dishwasher. A male aquaintance had shared how he tried to use liquid dishwashing detergent in their dishwasher when his wife was in the hospital. That story was all it took.:D

Gripe... snow totals just increased to 15" + :(

I actually like doing laundry, it all goes in 1 load :p nothing fancy here to worry about.
Only person that get 2 loads is my sons Cooking Clothes (sous chef) it goes on HOT. Every thing else goes in cold.

Yeah I have a BIG front loader. Can do a king size comforter, the Winter kind !
I just hate going in the basement

I actually like doing laundry
ME TOO! It's the only "domestic" chore I actually like doing - it's my zen and I fold clothes when I'm catching up on all the shows I've DVR'd during the week. Laundry gets done on Sunday's in my house, and if it's not in the laundry baskets when I'm ready to start doing it, it doesn't get done.
I have 4-5 loads each week, 2-3 loads for colors, 1 for whites, and 1 for delicates.

I also have a large front loader and we wash our comforters about once a month or so in the winter months unless something gets spilled on them, and only once during the summer.

Gripe: mothers and fathers who didn't teach their sons and daughters how to do housework or how to do maintenance and repairs.

Actually Hubby does laundry just fine. He can cook. He can clean a stove. He can scour a sink. Not sure his mom actually taught him like I taught my son's, but he learned somewhere along the line. Only one of my four brothers has never lived on his own ( except while in the military) but all of them learned to cook, etc. and I learned to do simple work on cars, repair a leaky faucet, etc. Housework and home maintenance are basic skills we all need to learn, IMO. Maybe we don't have to be the best at all of it, but I believe we need to be able to get by if necessary.

Gripe... snow totals just increased to 15"
I hear that you're going to get another nor'easter this week too. :(+ :( Just awful! I feel for ya!
I actually like doing laundry,
Me too! Mainly because I love how soft & clean it is after using my homemade Coconut LS. I'm a little embarrassed to admit I linger more than necessary, smoothing each piece while folding. Simple minds; simple pleasures.
I just hate going in the basement
My soaping cabinet is in the basement at the bottom of the stairs and we have a two story house. So I'm going up and down stairs at least once a day, if not more. It's a good thing -- that's the only exercise I get on a regular basis. :D

Maybe you need to do a smudge? Clear out any negative vibes down there?

HA ha, no the basement is just gross, I rent so i am NOT going a **** thing to this place because the landlord doesn't give a ****.
There are "basement spiders" down there so my DD will not go lol.
My Lye is in the basement, so I do have to go down if I am going to make anything soapy :)

Gripe: Woke up at 3:30am. And there is one thing I forgot to do before the storm.

hmmm, run out now at 5:30 or wait till it is light out....

Gripe: mothers and fathers who didn't teach their sons and daughters how to do housework or how to do maintenance and repairs.

Actually Hubby does laundry just fine. He can cook. He can clean a stove. He can scour a sink. Not sure his mom actually taught him like I taught my son's, but he learned somewhere along the line. Only one of my four brothers has never lived on his own ( except while in the military) but all of them learned to cook, etc. and I learned to do simple work on cars, repair a leaky faucet, etc. Housework and home maintenance are basic skills we all need to learn, IMO. Maybe we don't have to be the best at all of it, but I believe we need to be able to get by if necessary.

Agree! My dad always helped with the dishes and other chores including cooking, so did my brothers. And I've been blessed with a wonderful DH who is not work shy and has passed down his work ethic to our kids. He taught our daughter how to change a tyre and check the oil in her car etc. He does the laundry, I do the ironing. We share the other chores. The only thing he's not good at is cooking.... he tried, bless him, but just can't get it! Oh well... I guess I can live with that :)

Snow on March 13th ... come on , Really ???
You must live somewhere that's not typical. We get snow up in the high country all year long here, so it's not surprising for people to get snowed in their cabins when trying to beat the heat of the city in the middle of July or August. Yes, it is rare, but it does happen (and I would not have believed it had it not happened to me)

Back