Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grip for the night is this disgusting hot humid weather we are having and being stuck in one room where we have an air conditioner.

Carolyn, you are lucky, my air conditioner is called a window. No air con here and we had days of 45 degrees :( last summer.

Non soap related gripe. Brother we have bad blood with keeps pushing to come park his camper in our field at our new house and "camp" for a weekend. I have zero desire to play hostess for him for 2 hours let alone 2 days. I can't just tell him that and start a huge drama filled family squabble but after all the crap he's pulled, we dont want him here, ever.

Have tried everything. we dont have an external plug in (of course he has a generator) Its too hot out here and he wouldnt be comfortable (Of course, his camper has air) uggh

Is there any way you can give him a job in exchange for the 2 day camping? Like, 'We're going to put you to work, manual labor is a part of the deal' and 'we need to replace the toilet, so you can help with that' or 'good, you can help dig up north forty' or 'we discovered a leak in the roof, so you'll be re-roofing' or 'we have a huge patch of poison ivy that needs uprooting, make sure to bring the right clothes'.

Is there any way you can give him a job in exchange for the 2 day camping? Like, 'We're going to put you to work, manual labor is a part of the deal' and 'we need to replace the toilet, so you can help with that' or 'good, you can help dig up north forty' or 'we discovered a leak in the roof, so you'll be re-roofing' or 'we have a huge patch of poison ivy that needs uprooting, make sure to bring the right clothes'.
You are a genius. Nothing he hates more than helping and work.

@msunnerstood Tell him to POUND SAND or pay you to park there. $100 a day.
Family squabbles fade out ;)

Or you can say that you are trying to go Organic and can not have anything on the land .
Trust me as soon as we get our mom into assisted living, I'm writing him off. I live 2-1/2 hours from my mom and I already drive there every two weeks to visit, clean her house, empty the garbage cans etc. He does the grocery shopping and that's it. If I push him too far, I will need to take that on too. I cared for my dad alone right up till he died and it was a lot of work being 7 blocks from him. I expect my brother to help with my mom. I can see him walking away if I start a huge deal.

Next gripe, AT&T Customer "Service" there is just too much to type to go into detail.. 15 hours worth of phone calls since 6/1. This week has to get better

Last edited by a moderator:
My gripe for today: power outages! This is the second time in 3 days that our apartment complex has lost power. The first time it was our complex and the surrounding area for about 4 hours. Ken works about 6 blocks away and his job lost power that time too. Today we're not sure how far the outage extends because we're both home. If it were overly hot then I could say out was a "brown out" or a rolling blackout but the temp is in the low 70s. This is frustrating. According to Ken the automated recording at the power company is saying we can expect to have the power restored within 48 hours!

Last edited:
people that get pets (dogs) and then barely pay any attention to them. Just put them out on the line and leave them. No ball playing, walking, brushing, loving :(

My gripe. A neighbor I never had issues with came over to my house pounded on my door proceeded to cuss me out at my door blamed my chickens for all of the flies in the village (even tho it's been really hot recently and have had thunderstorms and rain) complained about my rooster even tho not more then 2 months ago she said she perfered my roosters crowing over everyone's dogs constantly barking.

I apologized for any stress and explained I'm doing everything possible to make sure these issues do not bother others. My older chickens are molting they have 3 different coops, all are kept clean the run is kept as clean as possible.

After her crazy rant I went to check on my chickens found the extra waterers needed water,also little to no smell and hardly any flies but low and behold there she was hanging over her fence and started shouting more abuse at me. Got tried of it I told her I would have never treated her how she treated me that she lacked comment decency and respect (which I believe it's user cmzraha sorry if I misspelled ur user name but if I was a jerk I'm sorry) and told crazy lady not to have contact with me or my family not to come to my home or onto our property as she was not welcome if she had issues to go through the right legal channels.

I will as willing to buy her fly traps and sprays and even get rid of my rooster but if your going to act like that I'm not helping you. Am I being unreasonable?

This weekend I am doing a two-day show that I have done for three years, I pay my next years space fee on the last day of the show so that I can get placed in the high traffic area. I have an email confirmation from March verifying that I didn't owe any money due to changing fees and I would still have the priority placement. I got the vendor map yesterday and not only is there another soap vendor (the 100% lard GM lady that I've talked about before) but they put her in the high traffic spot and I'm clear out in the boonies! So I made a phone call last night hoping that when they assigned spots they just got the two soap vendors mixed up. Nope! I was told they no longer do priority placement for repeat vendors and it's first come first serve (so they fill the priority spaces with whoever signs up first and fill the boonies with whoever is left). I then argued that I signed up last year on the last day of the event and there's no way she could be "first" because she has only been in business since February! Her response was "well this is our planned vendor space based on everyone's needs, we're not going to change it." This is my biggest show of the year (seriously, 25% of my soap income the last two years) and suddenly I'm bumped out of a high traffic spot TO ANOTHER SOAPER??? It seems wrong to me. I am making another phone call tonight because the contact person with the map is just an assistant to the organizer. Otherwise I'll be trying to contact as many customers from that area as I can to let them know that I am there and where they can find me.

This weekend I am doing a two-day show that I have done for three years, I pay my next years space fee on the last day of the show so that I can get placed in the high traffic area. I have an email confirmation from March verifying that I didn't owe any money due to changing fees and I would still have the priority placement. I got the vendor map yesterday and not only is there another soap vendor (the 100% lard GM lady that I've talked about before) but they put her in the high traffic spot and I'm clear out in the boonies! So I made a phone call last night hoping that when they assigned spots they just got the two soap vendors mixed up. Nope! I was told they no longer do priority placement for repeat vendors and it's first come first serve (so they fill the priority spaces with whoever signs up first and fill the boonies with whoever is left). I then argued that I signed up last year on the last day of the event and there's no way she could be "first" because she has only been in business since February! Her response was "well this is our planned vendor space based on everyone's needs, we're not going to change it." This is my biggest show of the year (seriously, 25% of my soap income the last two years) and suddenly I'm bumped out of a high traffic spot TO ANOTHER SOAPER??? It seems wrong to me. I am making another phone call tonight because the contact person with the map is just an assistant to the organizer. Otherwise I'll be trying to contact as many customers from that area as I can to let them know that I am there and where they can find me.

That stinks. I do a few 2 day shows and they always give me the same space. I would be so ticked off. So sorry this happened. Hope they change it.

Forgot to spritz the 4 batches of CP with Alcohol :(, I made them about 3 hours ago, let them Gel.
Just spritzed as they are cooling in the mold. Crossing fingers it is ok and not a total bomb.

I DO embrace the Ash, but you could see it already on the tops. Mine usually doesn't start to show till after 2 weeks+ cure.

Oh well

It's going to rain tomorrow morning :( I have the FM. Will have to see how the weather looks in the morning to decide if I will go or not.

How do I say this? My common law husband is an alcoholic. We've been together for nearly 15 years. The drinking became an issue about 3 years ago and he started getting help a little over a year ago. I don't know what triggers the drinking. He'll do fine for a month or more. He'll be compliant with his meetings, he'll do volunteer work, he may have a beer on the weekends but not in excess or anything and then wham! I can tell when he's been drinking & I hate that he tries to hide it. He's "EXTRA" when he's been drinking (extra silly, extra emotional, extra amorous, etc). I hate that he lies to me about it. He says things like he found 2 beer cans and a vodka shot bottle under the bed while cleaning yet the room is a mess. Then he becomes defensive and argumentative. I've tried talking to him on numerous occasions but he gets defensive and tunes me out so I don't try anymore. I'm always offering my love & support but whenever whatever his trigger is strikes, he becomes moody and irritable and I feel like everything I say is grounds for an argument. Or he's all over me like a love sick octopus! I'm tired and I don't know what to do anymore.

ugh @SoapAddict415 you are a strong woman for putting up with it for 15 years! My son's dad was an alcoholic, I left after 7 years (our son was 18 months), and oddly enough after I left and he realized he was going to have to straighten up and do the "dad thing", he did. Changed his life. Unfortunately not all men are like that. I dated a guy who was a closet alcoholic, flat out lied about it, would come to my house during the day, drink any booze in the house and pass out on the couch. I decided that relationship wasn't worth it and bailed at 6 months. Sometimes you have to make a decision to take care of you, whether it's a few days away, a month, or forever.

ugh @SoapAddict415 you are a strong woman for putting up with it for 15 years! My son's dad was an alcoholic, I left after 7 years (our son was 18 months), and oddly enough after I left and he realized he was going to have to straighten up and do the "dad thing", he did. Changed his life. Unfortunately not all men are like that. I dated a guy who was a closet alcoholic, flat out lied about it, would come to my house during the day, drink any booze in the house and pass out on the couch. I decided that relationship wasn't worth it and bailed at 6 months. Sometimes you have to make a decision to take care of you, whether it's a few days away, a month, or forever.
Thanks amd. You're right, I do have to take care of me. I just wish he could see how his drinking affects me. How it stresses me especially when I come to his "extra-ness" after a long day at work.

Latest posts

Back