Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Misschief! DH to that pic this morning because he was proud of my weight loss efforts.

Sent from my Z828 using Soap Making mobile app

As well you should be. I've always told my girls that when someone makes you feel uncomfortable about yourself, chances are they're jealous.

Ah SoapAddict. You committed one of the most horrible things a human can do; change. You changed your size, your health status, your clothes, your confidence level. They're all feeling unsettled by it - not just because of jealousy - but you've accomplished something that took dedication, time and discipline. They'll have to get used to the new you. You, in the meantime deserve to feel confident and stick to whatever clothes you want - no matter what weight.

Your opinion and needs come first! Their feelings of jealousy or threat are their problem.

Your young co-worker - does he do better being busy? Would he be happy doing "busy" work? Dusting, writing a list of things he's finished, counting envelopes, keep a book on hand that he enjoys and give him "homework"....reads, then reports how many pages or writes details he remembers....that sort of thing.

As well you should be. I've always told my girls that when someone makes you feel uncomfortable about yourself, chances are they're jealous.

I agree; - threatened, jealous or unhappy people like to "share" the joy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Lenarenee [emoji16]. Yes, Eddie loves to work. In fact, that's our biggest problem. He zips thru every task you give him. We had a spontaneous parts ringing competition 1 day just for fun. Eddie out rang 6 people! He's the company dynamo [emoji1]!

I am so mad at myself! My sister keeps inviting me to go places. I don't have a car & I don't see my family much anymore so I always agree to go wherever it is that she's inviting me to. The problem is that she always calls/texts me up to 2 hours before she's due to pick me up to cancel! She started doing this about 1.5 years ago. Our mom had surgery shoulder Friday. My sister asked me last Wednesday if I'd like to go see our mom today around 10a. I said yes. She texted me at 7a with a list of excuses as to why she needed to cancel. I'm mad at myself for believing that she'd actually show up this time!

SoapAddict, I am sorry your sister has been flaking out on you so much. That's just awful, when going to see your mom after her surgery was the event she cancelled. I would start responding with, 'sure I'd love to go, but I expect I should anticipate you cancelling, so I won't get my hopes up.' Well, maybe not, but I'd sure think it, right? I'd more probably just stop saying yes for awhile and hope she'd eventually ask why.

And, WOW! Looking good, girl! Great job with the weight loss and you look fabulous in that outfit. Your co-workers were way off-base.

Thank you Earlene! I've had to cut a lot of things out of my diet due to food allergies and most days I have to do a lot of walking, tote lifting & stair climbing at work. I miss certain foods but I'm starting to like the results. I was just thinking earlier of saying just what you suggested the next time my sis invites me somewhere [emoji16]! Or maybe next time I'll just plan to order a Uber or a Lyft & tell her I'll meet her there!

Yep, I keep throwing out suggestions - and I haven't even suggested the colors I REALLY want to do because I know those won't go over. My house (before we got married and moved in together) had a bright orange and blue dining room, that I absolutely loved. (see attached photo)

View attachment 29931
Marriage is a 50/50 proposition. In this situation, you get to pick the colors and he gets to do the work! LOL Seriously, you obviously have all the talent in the area of interior design, so don't feel obligated to "compromise". IME, after 43 years of marriage, nobody wins when you compromise. If you take the lead, at least 50% (you) are happy with the result! And, most likely, with your impeccable taste, I suspect he will be happy in the long run as well. As a peace offering, suggest he choose the color for another area... non-public if possible. :cool:

By all means, do the colors you REALLY want -- as you said, it's only paint. My dad was a carpenter; my hubby is an architect. Whenever I wanted something, they both told me to draw it up. In this case, I would do a "Color Board" -- not only paint samples, but pieces of fabric you intend to use for the valance, chair cushions, window seat (?) and the accent for the plate rail. Sounds like fun to me!

Okaybye, :goodbye1:

Last edited:
Oh, Misschief, that is so sad. I wonder if they will still have free storage, just not free sharing, like Photobucket started doing last year. Such a pain! Who is next? Imgur? Vimeo? Youtube?

I've been doing a little more reading and it looks like they may be keeping Flickr more or less as it is for now, including the free accounts. I shall wait and see, and keep my fingers crossed.

Gripe, Kicking my self for not making MORE stuff over the last few months :(
Just got a FEE tiny start up gig for mid May but I really don't have much stock.
I have 7 scents and a total of 50 bars that are good to go.
Then I have some that are just on the verge of being able to go, about 64 (7 scents)

I don't do MP, If I did HP I might but I do full water for HP so that would be cutting it close. It's in 3 weeks :(
I could do BB's but man the Reject Bin will be full lol

Wow amd, your to do list made me tired and all I did was read it lol. It's good that you have kids that are willing to help.
My gripe is that I have "work kids"! I'm not sure how I got them but everyone seems to think they're mine lol. Joe is the oldest. He'll be 35 next week (I'm 49). He's admitted to bring bipolar with a side order of ADHD. He's very hyper & chatty today. His machine is right across from my work station so I'm his break relief but today he seems to need a break or something every 10 minutes! There's Kaite. She's 25 and today she's more whiny than usual today. And lastly there's my Eddie. He's 22 and autistic. He's such a sweetie. It's part of my job to make sure he has parts to install rings in. I have no more parts or rings for him. He's gone thru everything that needs to be shredded. He's done all of the scrap grinding. There's really nothing left for him to do but sweep. The problem with that is that when he can't find anything to sweep, he starts crawling under machines & tables or he's in the front office crawling under desks looking for trash. He's also been known to wander out to the parking lot to pick up trash to bring in so he can sweep it. Our boss won't send Eddie home when there's no work for him to do but he won't take responsibility for him either. So when Eddie gets into something he shouldn't, everyone comes to me like it's my fault! I have 7 orders to get out of the door today plus whatever the trim department brings me and a couple of my female co-workers have made me feel uncomfortable about my outfit. I normally don't dress like this but I've lost about 20 pounds & I was feeling confident for the first time in a long time so I wore this today. Other women here who are larger than me dress this way all the time so I didn't see a problem with it. Now I wish I could go home & change.View attachment 29986 please excuse the junk on the side table. For some reason the forum won't let me post the cropped version of this pic.
Edit: oh joy! The owner just put a rush on 2 more orders. No stress here lol!

What? You look great! Congratulations on the weight loss. You have every right to be proud of yourself.

DH has lost 14kg and has 15kg more to go. I know it’s a struggle. Keep up the great work.
:dance: I’d be doing this in those clothes at work if I were you!

@Lin19687, could you possibly make a few mp bars to "stretch" your inventory?

That’s a great idea.
And make some wash cloths and buy some soap dishes to re-sell.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so ready to go home. I had Eddie helping me because there was nothing else for him to do but sweep the shop for 8 hours. I've NEVER had a problem with him helping me before but today he got it into his sweet curly head to take the top copy off of paperwork packets on my desk, put them with orders (whether they matched or not) and he apparently shredded the rest! I just came in from dumpster diving with Joe. Somebody dumped my trash while I was taking an order to shipping. I was hoping that Eddie had tossed the paperwork out & that we'd find it. No such luck.

Bummer SA415

gripe, Gym buddy blew me off today. I wouldn't have cared but I stopped working in the yard, took shower and texted her on the way.
I could have gotten so much more done in the chicken coop and Koi pond :(

Latest posts

Back