Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you. 🥰 I'm trying to stay calm and remain patient. It's haaaard.
Hang in there! I know from the other side that once we've decided to make an offer, actually getting HR to make it happen can be painfully slow! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that yours arrives soon 🤞

I just got home after a shift I didn’t want to work and there’s a huge freaking wasp in my bathroom! Too freaked out to even brush my teeth. Of course, we only have one bathroom. I have to be at work in 7 hours. I’m sure I’ll be too afraid to get ready for the day if I don’t deal with this now.

I made some soap with pine gum rosin. Pretty decent first try with just a few bugs to work out. But darn, my first bar is almost gone and I can't find the others!! Every thing is upside down in my house as we are doing some much needed upgrades. So I guess my gripe is followed by a blessing. Side note: I ordered pine cone molds for my next batch. Can't wait to try after the weather cools down.

I think it depends where you live and the item ordered. I live in the suburbs of a larger city where there are sorting facilities and fulfillment centers. Some of my items are delivered with an Amazon van, others come by UPS or our postal service, sometimes from in the same day.

FWIW, we rarely have an issue with the USPS or UPS. Not much seems to come by FedEx, but no particular problems there either. Maybe we've just been lucky, but we've had a lot of deliveries during Covid times. (And I did knock on wood just now, which made the guy at the end of the bar wake up and bark.)
I think USPS will deliver by size and weight requirements. The rest come by UPS. We have mostly good service her in central Minnesota with all delivery services. Although my neighbors oxygen delivery came to my house, I wasn't home and the driver put a nasty not on my door. In the mean time my neighbor didn't get her oxygen. Not good. It was the oxygen suppliers driver and a new driver and he didn't check very well. I can see her house from mine, about a 15 second walk.

Yes on 371 about 44 miles north of Baxter/Brainerd.
I was about an hour from Baxter two weeks ago, lol.

My gripe: my boss keeps trying to help me solve a problem but he keeps messing up the details and adding more confusion. I told him that if I get one more email from him on this issue, I will disable his email reply function. He asked "are you getting short with me?" I replied "I'm pretty sure I'm the same height I was when I came in this morning, so if you're getting shorter it's on your own." but hopefully he got the message to stay out of it, I'm perfectly capable of managing my job thank you very much. Worse case, the email goes into my "ignore and deny all knowledge" folder. But still... it's not your job, why are you micromanaging me?

My gripe isn’t about making soap- it’s about finding it. That’s why I joined this board My family has never used a soap as gentle and therapeutic as Trader Joe’s Tea Tree Oil soap. It kept skin soft, healed all kinds of skin conditions and even helped prevent colds. You could wash your hands constantly if necessary (would have been a blessing during covid) and never dry them out. Someone in corporate decided to discontinue it. Does anyone know how it was made or who makes a similar soap?

My gripe isn’t about making soap- it’s about finding it. That’s why I joined this board My family has never used a soap as gentle and therapeutic as Trader Joe’s Tea Tree Oil soap. ... Does anyone know how it was made or who makes a similar soap?
As it happens, I have a customer that had the same experience and she asked me to make Trader Joe's Tea Tree Soap for her. I've made a batch a year for her for the past two years. She also likes my Grandma's Old Fashion Lye Soap made from lard. A 38 oz. loaf of each is enough soap to last a year.
Here's what she wrote:
I've been enjoying the Grandma's lye soap for a couple weeks now, and I love it. I used to order it from a place in Pigeon Forge, and yours is definitely superior. I also had a chance to compare it to the Trader Joe's soap I wanted to replace (I have a stash at my summer cabin), and yours won that comparison, too.
PM me if interested. I'm happy to make it for you and equally happy to share the recipe if you would like to make it yourself. :)

Thanks! I’ve ever even made soap before. Does it sound hard to make for a beginner?
This soap should be easy but you'd have to be comfotable with using palm and palm kernel oils as well as read up on some other ingredients to recreate it. I'd suggest going to the recipe sub forums, picking a recipe, running it through the soap.calculator, and buying the NOW tea tree oil.

So i am sitting on the back porch and i hear thwap thwap thwap. I look over at the new house they built across the way and the new neighbor. Although it was pretty comical at first, watching a large grown man being scared out of his wits by a snake, I quickly realized that it was a harmless and beneficial black racer.

So I hurry outside and I’m like “dude, stop! Its just a racer. Its a good snake.” Yeah, they will bite if threatened, but I have never been particularly afraid of them. Completely non poisonous. They are more afraid of us as the saying goes. They get on my porch once in a while, but then i just get my own critters in the house and leave the door open for it to find its way out. I am sure spending the afternoon on a enclosed porch with a human, a cat, and a dog is not the way it intended to spend its day.

Anyway, the snake manages to escape the broom that the guy is beating the crap out of it with and is already halfway out of the yard, when the guy manages to scoop it up with the broomstick and tosses it into the street, where it got run over by a car.

He looks over at me “its a effing snake lady!” Seriously? You have a 5’3” female offering to get it out of your yard, and stand there beating your chest over killing it. Jerk.

Welcome to the neighborhood I guess. Your house took out a whole 1/4 acre of forest, might as well finish off the remaining wildlife.

Catnip EO works even better for me than lemon eucalyptus or citronella. There is a good article here about some other EOs that might work for you, too. Yeah, she's a mommy-blogger, but she does cite scientific sources.
I'll look at this, thank you. We have had an unusual amount of rain for this time of year, and it has brought out hordes of not only small mosquitoes, but floodwater mosquitoes too. They are huge and aggressive, and bite through clothing easily. I'm covered in bites, and have a bit of a reaction to certain mosquitoes. Each spot swells up to 2 or 3 inches in diameter. I dislike using commercial DEET repellents, even though the are supposed to be completely safe.

Back