Post you ugly soap pics here - Troubleshooting thread

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear god! kill it! Kill it with fire!

This is why you SB in your goats blood before coloring with earth from a virgins grave. What ever you made there is seriously unholy.

LOLLLLL!!! :D :D

i still have them, sitting there on the lowest part of my curing rack. out of sight. one of these days i am going to throw them out.

LOLLLLL!!! :D :D

i still have them, sitting there on the lowest part of my curing rack. out of sight. one of these days i am going to throw them out.

nah, at the very least keep if for posterity. Or to scare the kids/burgalars away from your soaping stuff. The pics at the very least are useful for a trouble shooting demo. I'd never seen something quite like that in any of the books.

^^^

yeah.. it's the perfect example of zombie teeth on all its glory :D :D

I was going to use this strawberry FO to pipe ice cream. Pic #1 shows it before it put the petal to the metal and acceleratored like a teenage boy in a new porche. Pic #2 shows it scooped out of the piping bag and stuffed into a mold. #3 show how horribly this FO discolored and it really doesn't smell good either so at this point, it got chunked into the trash where it sat for almost a week. So tonight, I pull it out of the trash and decide to photograph it for this ugly thread and then cut into it. #4 shows that it wouldn't be that bad if it would only stay pink inside! But we all know that won't happen. This was one of the most disappointing FO's I ever purchased. And right after I purchased it, they discontinued it. Sure wish I could get my money back! This one wasn't cheap!
It looks nice, even though its not what you wanted. How did you get the soap to do two different looks. You mentioned piping, what is that?

Another to add....

Glad I found this thread.... Very helpful

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1416932602.622571.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1416932642.909745.jpg

Almond Milk, Honey & Oat Soap, which overheated!

Current PH 9-10

Zap test - Didn't Zap

Has strong smell of Ammonia, but isn't burnt on inside

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1416932829.060732.jpg

My beautiful honeycomb embeds melted

It's now chopped into chunks waiting for Kitty Litter (hubby promised to pick up today).

Local council advised to dispose of in regular trash?

How does anyone else dispose of their bad batches?

Making Bath Bombs for next few days, 'til I get my Soapy Mojo back. :(

^^ yay! looks good so far. i'm pretty sure the new batch doesn't belong in the ugly thread :D

You should put your new soap into the picture gallery section of the forum. I'm sure we'd all love to see what it looks like when you've cut it. :)

Back