Post you ugly soap pics here - Troubleshooting thread

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well obviously I'm missing something. How does one upload a picture?
When you go to reply, see the section under the box you type in that says Attach files with "Manage Attachments" button? Click that button. From there you can upload a picture.

Rice pudding.

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1408470677.004017.jpg

With glycerin rivers

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1408470692.884728.jpg

Last edited:
Your FrankenSoap looks a lot like the first time I ever rebatched, and it was all the shavings and left overs too. I did it in the crockpot, added too much water and mangled it into a pan. I have 1 bar left sitting on the utility room sink, and that was 4+ yrs ago. It is the ugliest soap I ever made, and one of the best actually. It is still almost pliable, you can squeeze it. I have just always referred to it as Ugly Soap.

Cinnamon buns!

ooo I think I win with

partial gel + OP + chocolate espresso FO + not paying attention to temperature = exploding coffee MUFFIN TOPS

HP in crock returned them to bars but they've never been the same since. They look like molded dog turds and are dry, hard, nasty soaps ... but they still smell good enough to eat and they lather .. so who cares!

I dont know why but I cant stop laughing at the muffin tops

Last edited:
Pine tar gone bad: extreme case of zombie teeth. Stupid me did not sb the pt to the oils like usual. Stupid me poured hot lye to rt oils (with the pt not mixed properly). Another case of: don't soap when you're.....

That is the scariest soap I have ever seen! Thanks for the awesome pictures.

^^^

i am scared myself! those soaps are still sitting on their tray, on the lowest shelf of my curing rack. out of sight. i just don't want to see them, don't want to deal with them. i think they belong in the trash. soon... real soon...

^^^

i am scared myself! those soaps are still sitting on their tray, on the lowest shelf of my curing rack. out of sight. i just don't want to see them, don't want to deal with them. i think they belong in the trash. soon... real soon...

You make amazing creations seven. Don't throw away, rebatch plz :cool:

You make amazing creations seven. Don't throw away, rebatch plz :cool:

hmmm... it's not that i wasn't thinking of rebatching, but... the damage is pretty heavy, oils and gaping teeth everywhere. but you were right, maybe i will rebatch this one and just use it for my personal use. hate wasting ingredients anyway.

I've never heard of rebatching. God so much to learn.
My aunt just called in a panic she miscalculated the oils in her just made batch and is 8ozs short of olive oil. She used 3.99 lye. I'm so green idk what to tell her :(

Hahaha yea. The dents are from me pressing my fingers into it and not thinking to take a picture until after. Had the soap been fully cured and that color, I would have been amazed. Because it kinda looked like a galaxy. But I had a hibiscus acidity mishap and . . . Yea .. oil was trapped at the BOTTOM of the mold ! Hahaha

Last edited:
I DID however rebatch this log and it turned out a rustic charcoal color. Havent tested the lather yet but its curing like normal soap as we speak. And smells like fresh wheatgrass. Guess it won out.

Latest posts

Back