Ok, I was able to dig up three fails and snap pictures of them. The first is a failed beer soap. Came out with ugly whitish spots on it. Almost looked diseased. Turned out to be a really nice soap from a technical standpoint...just really ugly.
The second was my first attempt at a goat milk soap. I wanted to keep a creamy color and was concerned about it overheating and turning brown so I used the goat milk as half my water amount and added it at trace. I immediately put the mold in a super cold freezer and left it there for 24 hours. Then I let it come up to room temperature on the counter before I cut it. Even so it went through a partial gel. The outer edges were the color I was looking for. The partial gel in the center, not so much. It actually turned out to be a great soap. Wonderful on the skin and smells heavenly, just a bit of an ugly duckling.
The third was my first attempt at a mantra swirl. This batch was a bugger from start to finish. The colors behaved badly and morphed on me, the scent all but completely disappeared, and it traced so quickly that by the time I got it in the mold and removed the divider there was a large gap left where the divider had been. Foolishly I attempted to do the swirl anyway(because I'm stubborn) and it was like trying to cut a semi-soft cheese. I managed to smoosh everything back together for the most part, insulated it like crazy, and prayed that a nice hot gel would at least mesh everything back together so it wouldn't be a total loss, which it did. It feels great on the skin but has virtually no scent and looks like hell.