Possible issue? (1st time liquid soap)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khaz

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

This is my first post and also I'm trying to get into soapmaking (the liquid version of it).

So I made my paste (30% olive, 60% coconut and 10% castor + KOH in distilled water) but I'm kinda confused with the color it acquired. I've seen a lot of pictures in which the paste is yellow-ish but mine turn out with a pale orange-like color (attaching a pic of it)

So, I'll be very glad if anyone can shed some light here and telling me if this is OK or if something is wrong :s
2021.06.26_J1.jpg

Thanks in advance (and sorry if I wrote something wrong/odd I'm not a native English speaker)

I don't think anything is wrong at all (including your English). :) Different colors of olive oil, and even different batches of coconut oil, can produce different shades of paste and finished soap.

But I did want to make sure that you are using a stainless steel pot there. The picture looks like an aluminum pot, which would be a no-no for soapmaking. But that could just be the lighting so I didn't want to assume.

I don't think anything is wrong at all (including your English). :) Different colors of olive oil, and even different batches of coconut oil, can produce different shades of paste and finished soap.

But I did want to make sure that you are using a stainless steel pot there. The picture looks like an aluminum pot, which would be a no-no for soapmaking. But that could just be the lighting so I didn't want to assume.

Hey, thanks for your reply! I'm more relieved now!

It's an stainless steel pot, maybe the lightning makes it look like aluminum but it isn't. Actually I'm using an induction stove so aluminum wouldn't heat at all

Thanks so much again. Now my problem is the dilution of the paste being cloudy :s but I guess that's kinda normal for my first try (?) XD

Back