Positive news :)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gigisiguenza

Reaction score
Well, after year of stress levels so high I thought I'd have a friggin stroke, I'm see a light at the end of the tunnel finally.

I'm leaving Houston and moving back home to Reno. It makes me sad to leave the friends I've made but it makes me happy to be with my family again, and to have time again to enjoy things like soaping.

I'll be living with my daughter, helping both daughters with the kids, so it won't be a totally luxurious ride, but being able to have time to pursue the hobbies I love (like soaping) is a perk.

I've been so dang busy just surviving here that I've fallen off the radar here for almost a year, but I'm looking forward to being more active and getting back to learning and sharing.

I hope you've all been well and hugs and love to any who need it :)

Ps - I had no idea shipping my soaping tools and supplies would become such a big deal LOL

Last edited:
I'm so happy for you Gigi! It's never easy to leave roots that you have put down and friends you've made, that's for sure, but this sounds like a very positive move as you'll be with family and grandkids that you've missed, plus have more time to do the things that bring you joy, such as soaping. And I'm so happy we'll be seeing more of you here. We've missed you!

IrishLass :)

Gigi, I hope everything goes well with your move, and that your life calms down to normal - whatever normal you want it to be anyway. It will be nice to see you back here too :)

Ty everyone :) It's been a hellish past couple of years here, for sure, and I'm very looking forward to not having to work 60 hour weeks just to stay afloat. I'll need to find a part time job up there of course, to cover my own needs, but my daughter made it clear that I have a place in her home as long as I want or need one. That's a huge burden lifted off my very tired shoulders, lemme tell ya.

I've missed my family so very much too, so between an easier less stressful daily life and the closeness of family, I might just see my next bday without a major medical episode brought on by stress.

Plus, I may *finally* have time to do what I've always wanted to do - make my living creating things. :)

Latest posts

Back