Positive Feedback!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mandy318

Reaction score
I have gifted soaps to about 4 people--family members and a couple of close coworkers. Not for any reason but to have them try it and get their feedback. (Always after a full 6 wk cure and me using it first)

I made a 100% coconut oil soap that I have found I prefer as a shampoo bar over body (slightly drying, even with the 20% superfat imo). I have a bar to a coworker of mine who already uses shampoo bars and who wanted to try mine. Her and I both have naturally curly hair, so I was excited to see what she thought of it.

The next morning she ran to my desk swinging her hair around like a Pantene commercial saying "LOOK AT MY HAIR! How many bars of that soap can you get out of a batch, I WANT A WHOLE BATCH."

This picture is a visual representation of how it feels to get soap praise. :) :)

1445510333004.jpg

That's exactly how I felt one week ago when my mom, after using my soaps for the past 4-5 months finally realized that they were keeping her skin healthy sans any other maintenance and asked me to bring some soaps to her when I visit on my next trip to India. Until then she gave me neither yay nor a nay. She just said they are ok and kept using them. Now that it's winter time she's realizing that homemade is better than 'pears', my parent's default for winter.
Btw, I think I want to try the 100%CO with 20 SF for my hair. Thank you for the idea.

That's exactly how I felt one week ago when my mom, after using my soaps for the past 4-5 months finally realized that they were keeping her skin healthy sans any other maintenance and asked me to bring some soaps to her when I visit on my next trip to India. Until then she gave me neither yay nor a nay. She just said they are ok and kept using them. Now that it's winter time she's realizing that homemade is better than 'pears', my parent's default for winter.
Btw, I think I want to try the 100%CO with 20 SF for my hair. Thank you for the idea.

My mom has three bars of my soap at her house and flatly refuses to try mine until she has used every other ounce of soap that was already in her house--so half-used shower gels, coupon buys, Bath & Body Works gift sets...they all must be used before mine. Mothers: if they only understood the power of their attention and approval.

Re: the shampoo bar...I get the best results with an acv rinse after washing!

Latest posts

Back