Popular YT soapers who use lard?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Omg people! I'm beginning to regret soaping with this woman. She's emailing me constantly about when we can make more soap. 3 to 5 emails daily, and a few phone messages as well! And its obvious she doesn't read my responses because.....well many reasons. We made all the soap she wanted to give as gifts 2 weeks ago, but now wants to make 40 more. When I said work is too busy right now she copped an attitude....telling me she needs me to bring my equipment over because she doesn't want to buy her own. She wants me to make a list of oils and their exact amounts that can be mixed, or not mixed (she doesn't understand there's no really "wrong" recipes) And that she's still afraid to use lye, and if I won't help her, would I sell her my soap? I haven't made my own Christmas soaps!!

How can a person seem so pleasant and rational during all the soap lessons we did on the phone, then become so demanding?

Oh....and she was pushing me to sell my soap, as a proper business, and printing out all this information on how to do it, and she's telling her friends with shops or real estate businesses to sell my soap, etc. Egads!

I'll fulfill the last lesson I promised earlier that I'd do, but then that's it. Done!

HAH! Who knew you would be such a great teacher! This woman is obviously over-the-moon about you. But what a Pandora's Box you've opened. As I like to say, "The best of intentions always result in untended consequences." So now what?

Give her an assignment before your next session -- she is to gather or buy all the safety garb, equipment, mold, lye, etc., she needs to make soap. Also, lard, olive oil & coconut oil to make the Basic Trinity of Oils starter formula.

After that session, she needs to make at least 6 batches to get the hang of it. Then she's on her own and can sell her soap wherever she likes. You have neither the time or the inclination to do that. Wish her well and be done with it.

OR... You could just tell her to join SMF where she will get all the help she needs! LOL

Yikes! It sounds like she is very manipulative and used to getting her own way by being bossy. I agree with @AAShillito you don't owe this woman anything 😡

Agreed. But I'm surprised I didn't catch on to her manipulative behavior in the beginning.

@AliOop Yay, you're absolutely right. Normally boundaries aren't a problem for me, but 82 year old widows are I guess! Serves me right for initially thinking she was a "nice little old lady" - don't make assumptions with peoples' ages!

@Zany_in_CO. I love this idea!! After all, many of us had to learn on. our own, and doing the work yourself is often the best way to do it!

@earlene I'm going to have to tell her I've done all I can at this point (after our last lesson), that I've done what we agreed. I've left her with videos to watch, list of equipment, and LunaSky's soapcalc tutorial...and SMF's address!

Latest posts

Back