Poppy Seeds, Cornmeal... Or both?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MellonFriend

Reaction score
My sister has requested of me a salt bar that has some more exfoliating properties. I've had poppy seeds before in soap and liked it pretty well, but when I heard about cornmeal I sort of liked that idea. Would you pick one over the other? Is cornmeal a lighter abrasion than poppy seeds? Would doing both add both light and strong exfoliation powers, or would you recommend picking just one?

a salt bar that has some more exfoliating properties
This is just me, but I think the salt is enough for exfoliation. If anything, I would add a bit of activated charcoal powder (fine) to keep it gentle. NOTE, I have dry, mature, sensitive skin and most abrasive ingredients like seeds and coffee grounds tend to be irritating tor me. 😜

My sister likes abrasion. She has oily skin that requires scrubbing to feel clean. If I wanted to do both, would you add them both at the same rates as you would if you were doing only one, or would you account for the fact that you are adding the other one?

Back