Pomelo soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shellonian

Reaction score
So, having read on here that lemon zest makes a nice yellow, my fifth batch of soap had to contain my favourite fruit. If anyone wants to know, yellow and green zest goes in, orange speckles come out. Looks a bit like the wensleydale cheese with apricots in! I'm hoping it will smell of it. Please excuse the terrible photo 🙈

Attachments

• 20201016_074400.jpg
    20201016_074400.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 20
I' love testing & adding herbs & fruit in my HP soap. But i've discovered if I dont SB to almost non visibility its not a good look in soap as it ages & if you add to much it can go rancid in the soap, ruining it completely. I've had great luck w/ dried herbs cause I grind to a powder & its only small tiny spects in soap which hold up fantastic in soap.

Thank you for the information. It was my first real experiment because I love the stuff and hadn't seen it anywhere else. It's only for myself and my equally pomelo obsessed mum and sister. I'd read on here about lemon zest & just had to do it.

Back