Pomace olive oil the fastest acceleration I have ever seen. How can I slow it down?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMCsoap

Reaction score
HELP! I use Pomace olive oil, coconut, and palm for soap making. This batch of pomace was slightly darker then usual, it is accelerating the soap too fast. All of my oils are already combined in a double boiler, there is no going back. What can I do? Its accelerating 10x faster then usual.
can I cut pomace olive oil with extra virgin olive oil to slow trace?

Last edited:
Howdy! I just responded over on your other thread. You could definitely cut the pomace (a known accelerator) with any other slower-moving oil. It doesn't have to be extra virgin; could be light OO, HO sunflower/safflower, RBO, etc.

Howdy! I just responded over on your other thread. You could definitely cut the pomace (a known accelerator) with any other slower-moving oil. It doesn't have to be extra virgin; could be light OO, HO sunflower/safflower, RBO, etc.
Hello,
I’m experimenting with oils too, and finding many have low longevity. Are some of these longer longevities than others? I want to add sunflower due to its other properties, but it seems to lower the longevity. Any assistance is appreciated :)

Hi, many things effect longevity. How soap is stored after use, length of cure....
The graphs on the calculators are good for reference. But not the final word.
Sunflower oil is good stuff. Search the forum for recommended usage. Don't be put off by the graph. Good luck.

Hi, many things effect longevity. How soap is stored after use, length of cure....
The graphs on the calculators are good for reference. But not the final word.
Sunflower oil is good stuff. Search the forum for recommended usage. Don't be put off by the graph. Good luck.
Thank you very much, I have wanted to use this oil, but the graphs put me off. I don’t sell, just for family and friends :)

Is it important to look for high oleic sunflower oil or will any sunflower oil be okay?

Back