Poll: What is your favourite soap shape?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What soap shape is your favorite

• Total voters

Techie Joe

Reaction score
You can vote for more than one
There are no right or wrong answers, nobody can tell you not to like circles!

Last edited:
Where's "Other, please describe"? :p
I just tried to add that option but I couldn't, maybe it is at the maximum number of choices...
It won't let me change them either, sorry.
Maybe you could vote "no shape" or "objects" instead?

Once the poll is up, it can't be revised.

Creating polls and surveys isn't as easy as one might imagine. I used to have to do it for my job and even with other's input or assistance, we almost always found something that could have been improved after they were published.

Okay, favorite implies less than all possible choices, but it looks like I can actually vote for all of them. I didn't, but I voted for more than three and less than eight.

What does 'character' mean in this context? All my soaps have 'character' don't you know1?! :rolleyes:

Where's the actual poll? I thought this thread was it.
Scroll up to the top of the page. It is above the OP's first message.

Ah.... There's an actual poll... If you're on the app, you can't see the poll. You have to go directly to the website to see it.

Oh, I didn't see your post or the one right after. I am so slow today!

Last edited:
Once the poll is up, it can't be revised.
Okay, favorite implies less than all possible choices, but it looks like I can actually vote for all of them. I didn't, but I voted for more than three and less than eight.

What does 'character' mean in this context? All my soaps have 'character' don't you know1?! :rolleyes:
I voted for several aswel, no restrictions
I meant character as in a character from movies or tv or something, like scooby doo or casper the ghost.
Something like seashells or mini coke cans might come under objects / novelty

My absolute favorite is a domed oval or even a 3D oval like dove.
For the poll, I chose oval and rectangle.
I like a bar that is easy to hold and manipulate in the hand. I have a adorable bug mold but washing with a dragonfly is difficult lol.

I picked rectangle, because that's the shape I make and sell, but honestly I don't care what shape soap I use, because I use a body pouf and the shape of the bar doesn't matter, any shape is fine to rub on the pouf and use. :)

I didn’t think I was particularly fussy but...

I find a square shape is difficult for me to use. I think I have pretty large hands but I just can’t grasp a square. Then, once it starts to dissolve, it’s too small!

Rounds seem nice but when you drop them they invariably roll right out of the shower or off the basin into a far off corner leaving a little trail of soap. Very annoying!

Where's "Other, please describe"? :p

Ok, ok. I’m hooked. What is your preference?

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite shape is the last one I've seen!

I mean it - every time I see a new beautiful soap, I say, "that's my favorite."

I never would have thought to like big soap cubes, but I saw a pic (on this forum) and I thought it was gorgeous. Maybe not that utilitarian - I have somewhat small hands - but absolutely gorgeous!

When I'm making a loaf of soap in a rectangular mold, I usually have some leftover soap that I pour into a silicone muffin mold. These "pucks" are my favorite shape, as they fit my hand nicely and I feel I can get a grip on them better than other shapes.

That sounds like a dove bar

No, the dove bar is flat along the sides and has sharp edges instead of curves where the plane changes and isn't scalloped in at the sides for grip.

The dettol bar is maybe closer, it has some of the features I like, but is missing the domed top and the side scallops are too deep for my liking.

But yes, in the sense that it is also an ergonomic design.

Back