Poll: Straight verses crinkle?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which do you prefer?

• I like a nice clean faced bar of soap.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like a wavy, crinkle faced bar of soap.

• I like a nice clean faced bar of soap.

• Total voters

Soapmaker Man

Reaction score
OK, just a thought. Those of you who cut your logs up into bars, which do you prefer; straight clean faces on the bars or wavy, crinkle cut patterns on the faces of the bars. You M&P soapers chime in too. In fact, if you are a newbie and have never cut a bar of soap, which do you prefer? What do your customers prefer in looks? Thanks for voting! :)

Paul... :wink:

I said crinkled but all my soaps are straight. I have a crinkled cutter but no way to use it and get a straight cut. So I never use it. I use my straight one instead. I think if I had a way to get straight cuts with my wavy cutter, I'd still use my straight one too and just have both.

CPSoaper said:
I said crinkled but all my soaps are straight. I have a crinkled cutter but no way to use it and get a straight cut. So I never use it. I use my straight one instead. I think if I had a way to get straight cuts with my wavy cutter, I'd still use my straight one too and just have both.

I have you covered, CP. :) 8) Just wait for a few more days, and I'll show you why I asked this question. I have put together a straight cutter and a wavy cutter in one unit! It is fully adjustable to give you bars from 0" to 1-1/2" thick! Almost ready to make it's big debut!

Paul

I dont do the crinkle look because it seems to deform my swirls.. I have used it..but Im a straight cutter girl! :lol:

I prefer smooth, but when I made some cuccumber melon soaps, the crinkle looked turned out great. I have a pic attached and mind you this was my first batch of cp.

Soapmaker Man said:
CPSoaper said:

I have you covered, CP. :) 8) Just wait for a few more days, and I'll show you why I asked this question. I have put together a straight cutter and a wavy cutter in one unit! It is fully adjustable to give you bars from 0" to 1-1/2" thick! Almost ready to make it's big debut!

Paul

Now you are talking. This sounds wonderful.

Love the crinkle. I think it lathers better, but it might just be a mental thing ;)

Maybe the numbers will go up once you introduce your wavy cutter giving people a way to use a wavy cutter and cut straight bars. It is the only reason I don't use mine like I would like to.

I voted for the look of crinkle cut soaps, but I really like the looks of both. :wink:

I, too, am wondering about this super dooper two way cutter! Can't wait to get a look at it. I've not bought a cutter yet, and just ordered my first honest to goodness soap molds from Paul, but a cutter could be in my future. My very near future. I was looking at the beveler/planer, too.

If I spend any more $$ on soap stuff, my DH might have a hissy. I guess I'll have to see what this new cutter looks like. I may have to get it and face the wrath of hubby 8)

I'm a huge crinkle fan- but sometimes I cut straight- generally crinkle for me! :) It is homey and comforting to me for some reason.

Well now I can give you both cuts! :D I have the new dual cutter built. It has both a smooth and a wavy stainless steel cutter included in the same unit. It works way too cool! I am liking my bars crinkle cut also!

Paul.... :wink:

Back