PNW Hobbyist

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ImpKit

Certified Ocelot
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon, I am ImpKit.

I am a gay cis-gender male (he/him pronouns, please and thank you) living in the Pacific northwest of the United States. I've popped into these forums a handful of times looking for answers to questions and figured... may as well register. We'll see how long I last on here. Social media platforms (incl forums) quickly end up causing me anxiety / stress...

Anyways! I started soap making last summer. I got to it in a roundabout way thanks to an entirely unrelated YouTube channel, How to Cook That. Ann (channel owner) does a series of debunking videos where she tackles whether a variety of life & baking hacks (chiefly from content farms like Blossom & 5 Minute Crafts) are legitimate hacks and, IF they work, how well they do. I finished her series, searched for related content and found a Royalty Soaps video that looked into the same sorts of hacks, just for soap making. The all-knowing Google and YouTube algorithms picked up on this and a few searches to understand the things she said... and suddenly I had a LOT of soap making videos showing up. A few weeks (and an apartment move) later and I'm thinking "I bet I could do this." So... now I do!

I'm really enjoying soap making. I'm not currently looking to sell anything but I'm having fun with a creative medium and producing things, as for most of my life I have felt I lack the capacity / ability to create art in any form. Turns out I just needed the right medium & impetus. I'm also experimenting with other bath and body products (my partner and I are going to try bath bombs and shower steamers when the molds I bought show up...).

So, yeah, hi!

Hi and welcome! I'm glad you've found your medium. I've been creating in glass for years, but now I'm branching out into soap. It's good fun. 😊

Hi and welcome! Soap is also an art expression for me. Although I do sell, I love the art of it and try to incorporate different styles into my soap. An LA art friend of mine called one of my soaps art and I cried lol.

So glad to have you here!

Welcome.gif

Here's a link to a thread you may find helpful in negotiating the site.
https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/hello-very-new-here.79701/#post-832582

If you get stressed out feel free to vent! You can do that in the GENERAL CHAT FORUM. Don't worry if you're ignored or if someone identifies with your issue. Either can happen here.

There's no way I will remember "he/him" nor will others even be aware, having not read your intro. So, If you don't mind, may I suggest you change your avatar to something more "he/him"-y? You can do that by going back to Your Account and clicking on your avatar to change it. ;)

Welcome! I fell into soap making in a similar way ( by watching plaster of paris castings)
I called @Basil he/him until I realised that Basil was the name of HER goat lol!
The “real” Basil and I think that’s pretty funny as she’s a “she” goat 😂I LOVED learning it was a “him” name there!!

Welcome @ImpKit ! I had to look up cis-gender as that’s a new term for me. Thanks for your introduction! Social platforms also cause me anxiety and stress so I wasn’t sure about this forum either. Now that I’ve been a member since mid last year sometime, I’ve learned so much. About myself as much as soap making actually. I’m able to relax. This forum is all about soap making. I’ve never felt criticism ( was worried) negative competition ( was worried) or stupid ( was worried). I’ve learned a lot about soapmaking
( and I have at least 10 books or more 🙄) and everyone has reached out to help. I’ve received encouragement, assistance AND patience. You can be off awhile and when you come back you’re welcomed back. I hope you find the same thing! I have Basil the she goat, and uhhhh... 30 others( new babies included ..14) goat farm here. Anytime you see a post of mine, don’t get me started on goat milk... I’ll go on forever....😂

Latest posts

Back