Please - tell me why - I'm so grossed out !

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you want to try natural remedies for getting rid of critters-1st of course you must seal up anything the size of a dime or bigger from the top to the bottom of the building/s.
2. Cut all growth down 4" inches and closer. 3. At 2" inches out plant spearmint, peppermint and other mints-in a solid line around the building/s. 4. Save up enough big cat-lions, tigers, ect-or snake poop to go all the way around the building/s in the 2" inches between mints and walls by 2" inches tall-but the poop drop must be done all in one day.
I'm not going to buy poop & I don't know anyone with big cats or enough snake owners to try the above---wish I did !
Has any one tried this ? Did it work ?

I haven't tried the poop thing...intentionally. But my DH takes the dogs out front sometimes to do their business and the big, old male lab has to poo as high as he can (the vet says it's a marking-his-territory thing so the scent cone is higher in the air). I have no idea if it's deterring any pack rats out there. I just had another thought about why I don't have a big problem with mice and rats. We have lots of snakes! Not pets. They just cruise by routinely. Occassionally make their way inside the house.

But several years ago I had a big problem with rabbits making their way to the front of our house and eating new plants I'd put in. I told my DH and our boys they needed to pee around that area to help me out. Well, you know boys. They think peeing outside is the best thing ever so they happily spent all spring peeing all over the yard and even invited their friends to join the party. Between that and my outdoor girl kitties, it mostly kept them away from the flower buffet. :)

I've had rats and mice. Classic spring traps and peanut butter have been golden remedies for me. I've killed 2 rats with 1 trap before. They love my kitchen. They've never gone after my soap before though. :think: So I keep the traps active in my cabinets now and check on them once a week or every other week.

We've always had mice in the horse barns (pellet and sweet feed attract them) and we only use poison in the walls during the winter. They don't smell any where near as bad in the cold as they do in our hot, humid summers.

Rodents

I haven't tried the poop thing...intentionally. But my DH takes the dogs out front sometimes to do their business and the big, old male lab has to poo as high as he can (the vet says it's a marking-his-territory thing so the scent cone is higher in the air). I have no idea if it's deterring any pack rats out there. I just had another thought about why I don't have a big problem with mice and rats. We have lots of snakes! Not pets. They just cruise by routinely. Occassionally make their way inside the house.

But several years ago I had a big problem with rabbits making their way to the front of our house and eating new plants I'd put in. I told my DH and our boys they needed to pee around that area to help me out. Well, you know boys. They think peeing outside is the best thing ever so they happily spent all spring peeing all over the yard and even invited their friends to join the party. Between that and my outdoor girl kitties, it mostly kept them away from the flower buffet. :)

That's hilarious

I keep picturing your boys beating on their friends' doors "Hey! You gotta come to my house! Mom said we can pee outside!" I'm rolling over here!

Latest posts

Back