Please tell me if this is Palm Oil or Palm kernel oil. my supplier does not know it :(

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm late to reply but I vote palm. I have both here at the house and PK is hard as a rock, snow white (mine is shredded) and clear when melted. Palm is very soft and creamy when solid and pale yellow when melted. Don't use that supplier

I guess it would depend on how well you know your soap. From what I have read, PKO is similar to Coconut Oil so I guess it would be like adding extra CO to your recipe. So for me, that would be 40% CO and that would really dry my skin out.ho
How can i check it right after taking it out of the mold? Since its not cured, there is high probability that it will itch on my hands. How to know its palm oil them or PKO?

How can i check it right after taking it out of the mold? Since its not cured, there is high probability that it will itch on my hands. How to know its palm oil them or PKO?
You can’t until you can test it. In the meantime, I would find another supplier.

Latest posts

Back