Please suggest a best recipe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sang90

Reaction score
Hi , I want to achieve an affordable, mild on skin, long-lasting , good shelf life, creamy & lathering soap with my available options.

I have gathered coconut oil and few affordable oils of unrefined Rice bran, Mowrah butter & Castor oil.

Please provide me the best recipe. Please keep in mind I might want to sell them later... so please include whole recipes, including preservatives and preventing DOS.

Thank you,looking forward.

There are several good books on soap making. Smart Soapmaking by Anne Watson is one. Soap Crafting by Anne-Marie Faiola is another. Become familiar fatty acid profiles and lye calculators such as the Soapmaking Friend and SoapCalc. Most people come up with their favorite formulas through years of practice and experimenting. What is right for one may not be pleasing to another.

Mowrah butter is not common in the US, where a lot of us are from so you would need to wait for someone who has had a chance to use that to possibly chime in. Alternatively, you could just use the soap calculator linked at the top of the screen, which would actually be more beneficial for your request.

Latest posts

Back