Please send up a prayer

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Please send up a prayer for my daughter and her restaurant. Things were hard enough with Covid-19, now with the riots it is much worse. She is the manager of a restaurant in the heart of Richmond, VA. She has been self isolating from us since mid-March, as the restaurant still provides take-out service. She and the kitchen staff are the only ones working right now, and she is the one who has to interact with the drivers, i.e. hand the food to the driver. This restraurant has also always supported the Richmond First Responder Program - they give a discount to first responders. Because of this, the restaurant is now being targeted on Twitter. She called me this morning, she was very close to a panic attack. She needs all the prayers and support she can get right now.
I know there are bigger concerns and losses in the world right now, but I would appreciate it if you would add her to your prayers, along with a positive ending to all of the injustice.

Those looters and rioters are independent of any protest and I really hope they get handled accordingly. Your daughter will be in my prayers because I've been angered by several stories of people being hurt or killed by rioters and I don't want anyone else suffering anymore from these so-called humans.

Please send up a prayer for my daughter and her restaurant. Things were hard enough with Covid-19, now with the riots it is much worse. She is the manager of a restaurant in the heart of Richmond, VA. She has been self isolating from us since mid-March, as the restaurant still provides take-out service. She and the kitchen staff are the only ones working right now, and she is the one who has to interact with the drivers, i.e. hand the food to the driver. This restraurant has also always supported the Richmond First Responder Program - they give a discount to first responders. Because of this, the restaurant is now being targeted on Twitter. She called me this morning, she was very close to a panic attack. She needs all the prayers and support she can get right now.
I know there are bigger concerns and losses in the world right now, but I would appreciate it if you would add her to your prayers, along with a positive ending to all of the injustice.

Will say a prayer for your daughter’s safety. It’s so disgusting what’s taking place. Hard to understand it. 😓

Praying, Nona! My heart goes out to your daughter and to all the business owners who are trying to make ends meet to keep food on their own table during this lockdown. It takes a lot to get me mad, but things like this make me so mad I could spit nails.

IrishLass 🙏

This is too little or too unimportant. When "little" things get overlooked, they become big things because we are all connected.

Please give us other ideas on how to support her.

Anyone here knowledgeable about marketing or pr on Twitter who has advice to give?

Those looters and rioters are independent of any protest and I really hope they get handled accordingly. Your daughter will be in my prayers because I've been angered by several stories of people being hurt or killed by rioters and I don't want anyone else suffering anymore from these so-called humans.

Here, Here! I am of the same opinion! I pray for all those small restaurants that are owned by Moms and Pops. Bad enough they were closed down, they don't need irresponsible behavior to doom them to loss of their livelihood!

Yes, the whole world is groaning and bleeding. This should not make your issue look small. It's your daughter's life in jeopardy. As her mom, you have a right to seek support for her.
Count me in to pray for her and the restaurant.
Thank you too for your words:
"I know there are bigger concerns and losses in the world right now, but I would appreciate it if you would add her to your prayers, along with a positive ending to all of the injustice."

I am so sorry for your daughter's situation. You are right to be concerned for her and seek support wherever it can be found. I hope things are better for her soon.

Latest posts

Back