Please pray for Louisiana

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Susie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The title says it all. Just asking for prayers. My family and friends, thus far, are safe. Some are evacuated, so they do not know if they will have a house after this, and some got rescued from the evacuation centers. But things can be replaced. Lives can't.

Soapmaker145

Reaction score
Started praying when we saw the news. The magnitude of the flooding is so hard to grasp. So scary how quickly our lives and everything we worked for can be destroyed. I hope your family is safe and their homes aren't affected.

kchaystack

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A couple I know had to be evac'd last night. They made it out with their 2 dogs fine. Hope everyone else makes it as safe.

I know that this is 2 hrs South of where I am moving to next week- but I am wondering if this is a sign.

JuneP

Reaction score
Prayer for all the people of Louisiana who are having to deal with flooding. May they and their homes be safe in this difficulty time.

artemis

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
We've been praying here. We got to see some pictures a friend took. They were safe and sound, but the pictures of their daughters' school were... I don't even know what to say about all that water.

Susie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's not forget that where water goes, gators and snakes do, also. The cemeteries have coffins floating down the roads.

The president, in all his wisdom, has not declared a state of emergency. The media gives about 60 seconds of coverage to the flooding. It is destined to become a second Hurricane Rita. Ignored and forgotten. They have a group called the Cajun Navy taking their boats and rescuing people, and everyone in Louisiana is collecting relief supplies to send. Louisiana is going to have to take care of Louisiana again. Nothing new, I'm afraid.

Ruthie

Reaction score
Let's not forget that where water goes, gators and snakes do, also. The cemeteries have coffins floating down the roads.

The president, in all his wisdom, has not declared a state of emergency. The media gives about 60 seconds of coverage to the flooding. It is destined to become a second Hurricane Rita. Ignored and forgotten. They have a group called the Cajun Navy taking their boats and rescuing people, and everyone in Louisiana is collecting relief supplies to send. Louisiana is going to have to take care of Louisiana again. Nothing new, I'm afraid.
Susie, you said it much more politely than my thoughts. Thank you for doing so. Thoughts and prayers to all there.