Please help me with this recipe for a dishwashing soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Startree

Reaction score
Good day any help please. I made a Tallow 60% Coconut oil 40% dish soap. 27% Water/Lye and 0%SF.

It bubbles way better than the 100% Tallow I used to make, except that after few uses at the kitchen sink, I notice cracks start appearing and then get progressively visible until finally the pieces crack completely and I have bits of soap. Any advice please. I'm really struggling to get the ratio of Tallow/CO right. Or is it perhaps the Water/Lye ratio?

I am wondering if its the the Coconut Oil / Tallow ratio and if I should change that ratio. Maybe its too much CO cos my 100% Tallow bar didn't crack.

Or is it the Lye/Water ratio? I post the soap calc recipe below

I use it at the kitchen sink to wash my dishes so it stays there on a soap tray. After only a few uses (few days) it starts showing lines which eventually develop into cracks and then break apart as I continue to use it. So its wet and dry often ... in between uses. The soaps were made in cavity molds so not cutting was involved. Hoping you can help me.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 6.36.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 6.36.40 PM.png
    110.3 KB · Views: 6
Back