Please help me understand these recipes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really?! But, if it has too much CO, it will still be drying, won't it, regardless of how long time has passed?
Even if it is still too drying, the only way to know for sure how your soap truly is is to let it cure for those 4-6 weeks.
Try it weekly and see for yourself how it changes. You will be amazed at the difference between young soap and properly cured soap. In the end, only you will be able to determine if it is too drying, but to try to compare day or week old soap is like comparing apples to oranges.

CP and HP have the same ingredients, and the same cure time. It really does not make any difference which way it is made. No matter how often the people on the internet say so.

Good to know. Thank you.

HP sounds very time consuming and messy. Not sure why people chooses HP but I guess it is to do with how you start, what you are familiar with and what equipment you have.

Really?! But, if it has too much CO, it will still be drying, won't it, regardless of how long time has
passed?

Nope, not necessarily true. I can't use a high CO soap until it has had a good cure. It becomes more gently and less harsh after cure. There's more to cure than just water evaporation

Latest posts

Back