Please help me to explain to people why FO is used instead of EO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The phrase hoisted on their own petard is an insult referring to being hoisted by your own fart (like trying to fart in secret, but got caught cuz it lifted you up n gave away your secret).... in other words, you showed your a$$ :)

ETA that's what the little bomb refers to lol

I thought this was insightful!! LOL
Meaning of the Phrase
The phrase means to be injured by the device that you intended to use to injure others.
A literal example from our own time is illustrative. In 2009, on a Northwest Airlines flight from a Amsterdam to Detroit, Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, now known affectionately as the Underwear Bomber, lit his own crotch on fire trying to detonate a bomb he had hid in his skivvies.
That, my friends, is what it means to be hoist with your own petard.

OMG, who called me a little fart? I will hoist them on my petard :)

Oh man Ally I'm ducking and covering now....

Take cover folks.... Ally is gonna crop dust the forum trying to get the offender!

I'm in tears here with the mental image of you running around, crop dusting the place, yelling "I'll get you, you can can't hide!"

LMAO

We height challenged types w/Napolean complexes are sensitive and violent, we are subject to whipping out our petards at the least possible provocation! I am sure there is a Criminal Minds episode about us :)

We height challenged types w/Napolean complexes are sensitive and violent, we are subject to whipping out our petards at the least possible provocation! I am sure there is a Criminal Minds episode about us :)

Lmaowtime ... you kill me Ally, I swear.... Hahahahaha

Oh my goodness. I wish I had seen this thread earlier today. I needed a good laugh!

"...Maybe folks on this forum convinced her to expand her herizons?..."

Well, if it's the person I'm thinking of (not Gigi, by the way), I suspect she moved on to find others in better agreement with her views. Thankfully....!

Maybe you're right. She never did answer my question about how she manages it all.

Yes, that was the one. I had a brief moment of horror just now thinking I had remembered the wrong poster, but checked. JJ, Her MP thread predated this thread, so I don't think our collective reasoning changed her mind, it is a flat out inconsistency.

You are thorough N/A. Well then I guess it's settled. Case closed?

This is one of my all time favorite posts.

I think so, barring the unlikely possibility she comes back and lambasts us all (and then I will beat her with my petard. I am sorry, I think I am experiencing some petard intoxication, or something :)) I hope your day got better!

Hahahahahahaha I now have a mental image of you trying to beat her with a fart.... oh man I'm dying here hahaha hahaha

In my mind I can hear all the giggles and exploding laughter and you n_a, accomplished this single handed. Wow!!

Latest posts

Back