Please help me make my beard wash base bubbly and not dried out!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x.xbbgx.x

Reaction score
So I ordered a 1 lb beard wash base and when I had someone close try it they said it wasn't bubbly, which I noticed too when I wet it to see if it would form bubbles or not. Plus they also said it dried their beard out a little. I figured adding oils would not dry the beard out as much, but what additives do I add to make IT BUBBLY!! lol Please any input.

Can you provide a link to what you ordered or at least list the ingredients?
Is it a liquid or?
sorry new to replying from my phone and I've been caught up with work, but it's more like a liquid gel.
Screenshot_20211201-231056_Chrome.jpg

The only way to add more bubbles would to be adding more surfactants which would increase the cleansing and make it even more drying.
It could also completely ruin the base, only add things that the supplier recommends, in thia case scent and 1% oils.

If its drying and low lathering, it sounds like a poor quality base and nothing will really fix that.
Maybe make a matching beard oil to be used after washing.

This base is never going to be "bubbly". The main surfactant is Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate which is a low to moderately bubbly/foamy surfactant. The addition of the Cetearyl Alcohol reduces foam.

Low foaming does not mean that it is not cleaning.

I wouldn't add anything other than the recommended levels of fragrance and oils as you could destabilize the base. Adding anything else could also overwhelm the preservative system and cause the product to become contaminated.

Latest posts

Back