Please help, I need an easy, 2lb soap recipe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CupcakeKisses

Reaction score
I am getting a 2lb wood mold, because I dont want to start with big batches (my first CP soap EVER) & I need a recipe that would result in 2 lbs of soap. I am new to CP, so I dont want to try to figure out the conversions. I'd rather ask some experts to help :D

Please nothing too expensive like coconut oil to start.

Maybe shortening ingredients, olive oil, lard, or something along the less expensive lines would be great. THANK YOU SO MUCH

ooppps. should I have put this in the tutorial section? Please move if this is in the wrong area. sorry!

A good place to start is soapcalc.com

It's a great site to investigate before you make any soap.... they've got educational links, and everything.... explaining the different oils, etc.

Check it out! And have fun! :)

Welcome to SMF!

Go to Kathy Miller's site: http://www.millersoap.com/

She has extensive information on soap making and recipes. It is very informative. I can get lost for weeks at her site!!

She has simple beginner recipes with easy to find ingredients. It helped me to have success in the beginning to continue to try new things and broaden my horizens. Now I am hooked. :lol:

Digit

One good recipe is the 3 oil one, take equal parts of coconut, olive and lard. Makes a nice bar, and not a complicated recipe :D

zajanatural said:
One good recipe is the 3 oil one, take equal parts of coconut, olive and lard. Makes a nice bar, and not a complicated recipe :D
I made that one from Miller's site. I agree, it was a nice bar. Still is. :)

Keep in mind, though.... all the recipes on Kathy Miller's site are much larger than the 2-lb. size you're looking for.... you'll have to do some math to get them down to the size you're looking for. Good luck. :)

My advice for batch size is for the OP to pick a recipe, tell us what it is, and we can recalculate the recipe for the OP or verify the OP did the recalculations correct.

Here's one:

14 oz Olive Oil
10 oz Coconut Oil
8 oz Palm Oil

It's a nice bar with lots of creamy lather.

Latest posts

Back