please help...freaking out over here

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happysoap

Reaction score
I just had the scariest soaping experience yet and I can not figure out what went wrong!!! Please help! I have been making and selling soap for ages so this was my nth batch. Same recipe same eo same procedure its always been.
I made the batch. Everything looked fine. Actually it looked perfect. I went to unmold 48h later and this liquid came gushing out from the bottom. I tried to clean it up quickly. It ate away my rag and my gloves, it burned my table. I got nausiated while I was cleaning up. A drop made it onto my hand and it instantly burned sooo much. Way more than regular lye solution. Turns out that there were little puddles of this liquid that formed at the bottom of the soap. As I picked the soap up the big ones broke and the liquid gushed out. You can see the little ones still trapped in the soap.
Any ideas what happened? Here are a few pics. Please help. Has this happened to anyone else?

IMG_20150414_232958.jpg

IMG_20150414_232857.jpg

Did you pour at very thin trace? Sounds like a bit of separation to me and that was lye water that wasn't fully emulsified

I poured really thin once and got this

Last edited:
Do you water discount? I've seen it with lack of emulsification. It sucks.

Now that I think about it - it was thin trace! So lack of emulsification...hmm...interesting...
Lye solution was 2:1 water:lye.
Thank you so much! I feel calmer now.

Latest posts

Back