Playing Around With Melt & Pour Salt Bars

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Troy

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!!!!

Happy 4th of July!!! I am super excited to share my newest recipe. I have been slaving away at trying to make a Salt Bar Recipe for Melt and Pour. So I have tried different amounts and types of salts and I think I found the perfect blend for me. I tested it on myself and love it. I ride a bike everyday and do weekend rides so I come home and my muscles are sore. I shower instead of baths and wanted something like a bath salt soak.

This worked for me and I am very happy where it's a standard house bar for me now and I just mailed my girlfriend 6 bars by request! (I took one up to a cabin for a women's retreat and she loved it!)

Here's the Recipe!
Pink Salt.jpg
2 pounds of Stephenson's Melt and Pour soap Base (supplier you normally use)
1 cup Pure Himalayan Salt, Fine, by Dynamic Chef ($6.99 per pound) http://amzn.to/2oNCKro
25 drops essential pink grapefruit oil (https://www.newdirectionsaromatics.com/products/essential-oils/grapefruit-pink-essential-oil.html)
2 drops pink bath bomb colorant (brambleberry)
.5 tablespoon baking soda (so your soap doesn't sweat from the salt)

Cut up your soap base as normal and melt it down.
When melted add your essential oil.
Add 2 drops bath bomb colorant (it goes a long way, if you use to much the color will bleed from the soap because of the salt)
Prep your mold, Spray with alcohol and have ready. You have to mix and pour fast which is why I really like this brand of Himalayan Salt because it is so fine.
Pour in Pink Salt and stir very fast and steady then pour into molds. Spray tops and set as normal!!!!
Salt Soap Bars.jpg

What cha think?????

The lather is pretty good, it's not a bubble bath on your hand but it suds up pretty well. It's my normal bar now. I love using it after a long bike ride! I had a photo of the lather but not sure where it went. I made a good recipe with ginger and licorice root for a face bar. I will post next month when I tune the recipe better. It's suppose to be really good for weathered (sun) skin. Since I get a lot of wind and sun on my commutes I'm trying to find home options to keep my skin nice. :)

Oh hey guys and gals. Guess what? The company that sells the salt I buy contacted me since they saw my shared post on Facebook! I have a 25% off coupon code to share with everyone. 4VJZSRDP

Hi Everyone!!!!

Happy 4th of July!!! I am super excited to share my newest recipe. I have been slaving away at trying to make a Salt Bar Recipe for Melt and Pour. So I have tried different amounts and types of salts and I think I found the perfect blend for me. I tested it on myself and love it. I ride a bike everyday and do weekend rides so I come home and my muscles are sore. I shower instead of baths and wanted something like a bath salt soak.

This worked for me and I am very happy where it's a standard house bar for me now and I just mailed my girlfriend 6 bars by request! (I took one up to a cabin for a women's retreat and she loved it!)

Here's the Recipe!
View attachment 31075
2 pounds of Stephenson's Melt and Pour soap Base (supplier you normally use)
1 cup Pure Himalayan Salt, Fine, by Dynamic Chef ($6.99 per pound) http://amzn.to/2oNCKro
25 drops essential pink grapefruit oil (Grapefruit Pink Essential Oil - Verified by ECOCERT / Cosmos Approved)
2 drops pink bath bomb colorant (brambleberry)
.5 tablespoon baking soda (so your soap doesn't sweat from the salt)

Cut up your soap base as normal and melt it down.
When melted add your essential oil.
Add 2 drops bath bomb colorant (it goes a long way, if you use to much the color will bleed from the soap because of the salt)
Prep your mold, Spray with alcohol and have ready. You have to mix and pour fast which is why I really like this brand of Himalayan Salt because it is so fine.
Pour in Pink Salt and stir very fast and steady then pour into molds. Spray tops and set as normal!!!!
View attachment 31076

What cha think?????
I know I am commenting on an old thread but thank you for this because I couldn’t figure out why my salt bars are always sweating. I really have worked on them but hadn’t tried the baking soda!

Back