Playing around in my soap cave

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kchaystack

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what me and the bf came up with. Scented with Nurture's Aqua di Gio, and colored with Nurture mica.

I tried to get it to gel so the colors would not fade, but it resisted mightily.

1436657822154.jpg

Yes it is klein blue and apple green. The purple is old reliable vibrance and the black is their oxide.

That looks awesome! :D And I hear you on soaps not wanting to gel. I struggle with that myself...I can use known accelerators/heaters, soap on a warm day, and/or place it on a heating pad... and no gel. I think I've only had two soaps actually gel on me, and most of the time I'm trying to encourage it.

That looks awesome! :D And I hear you on soaps not wanting to gel. I struggle with that myself...I can use known accelerators/heaters, soap on a warm day, and/or place it on a heating pad... and no gel. I think I've only had two soaps actually gel on me, and most of the time I'm trying to encourage it.

I think the only time I have had gel phase is the first batch that I ever did. I was in my kitchen, which is much warmer than my basement, and I used a Pringles can. It was a palm free vegan recipe, no scent and no color. When I cut it there was the obvious partial gel ring in the middle.

So I guess I just need to accept gelling is not in my cards with out CPOP... and I am really not interested in lugging batches up and down my basement stairs. Haha.

One of my most recent gelled soaps was also in a Pringles can! lol And I don't have a basement, or a house with AC, so unless it's winter it's pretty cold here. I got gel both times I used a tissue box as a mold... but now that mold has vanished. :( Heck, I add things that most people worry about (like liquids with sugar) all the time without gelling.

Back