Plastic wrap + paper

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlybyStardancer

Reaction score
So, I plan to give out soaps (cp) at parties this weekend, and I need a Plan B stat for getting labels.

I have my soaps wrapped in plastic wrap (with one nice side, and one side where all the ends are smooshed together to seal it that will be covered by the label). I can print out b&w copies of my labels on plain paper... Would either glue sticks or elmer's glue stick them to the plastic?

Plan A was asking a favor of someone I know to print them out in color for me, on round labels I had purchased. I handed over the entire (pretty large) package of labels for this purpose. (The current batch of soaps being given out are all round, though there's rectangles coming up eventually). My tiny decade-old printer Will Not Work with Avery's website, and is running low on ink besides (and my spare ink seems to have gone up in a puff of smoke during the move this past Nov). I wouldn't feel comfortable printing in color on the printer at work, even if the thing would cooperate with sheets of labels (we recently got an email telling us not to use anything other than basic paper in the printers). I am also running out of time to formulate more backup plans...

Is there a copy place near you? I've had very good results with black printing on round sticky labels. I i doubt that glue sticks would hold paper to plastic, but maybe rubber cement or adhesive spray?

There's one near-ish where I'll be working Saturday... I could stop and see if they're open on the way home. How would they be at lining up the labels? My ingredients list runs around the outside and will get cut off if the design isn't perfectly centered on the label. (And there's only two options for saving it.... Avery's proprietary format, and pdf.)

Save it as a PDF onto a thumb drive, take it with you to a staples or Office Depot like store. They will print them for you.

When I'm out of ink I print at Office Depot. They do a great job printing the labels as long as you remind them to turn the page scaling option off. Nice thing about Office Depot is that since they carry the Avery labels, if they screw up a page, they will usually replace the ruined sheet out of their own stock.

Latest posts

Back