Plastic Container & Lye.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peachy Clean Soap

Reaction score
Help Please' can anyone tell me if this plastic container is safe for mixing "Lye" I cant decipher which number to look at? It's a 1.00 store plastic measuring cup. Thx 🤗🧼💫

Attachments

• 32D16E50-3560-442B-98D1-1805BA7A422D.jpeg
    32D16E50-3560-442B-98D1-1805BA7A422D.jpeg
    207.4 KB · Views: 38
It was made in Jiagmen, China. China uses a different recycle coding system than ours.

See this page and skip down to China. Then look under the sticker label to see what code is imprinted on the plastic (I cannot actually see what code is imprinted in the picture and assume it is hidden by the label).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recycling_codes

It was made in Jiagmen, China. China uses a different recycle coding system than ours.

See this page and skip down to China. Then look under the sticker label to see what code is imprinted on the plastic (I cannot actually see what code is imprinted in the picture and assume it is hidden by the label).

It says R2 which looks like is HDPE according to the chart.

It says R2 which looks like is HDPE according to the chart.
I thought that, too, but since it doesn't show a universal Recycle symbol, I wasn't sure if that is what that actually means there and the Wikipedia article doesn't really say anything about an "R" in the code, so I would still have doubts.

Does the plastic look and feel like other HDPE containers with the Universal Recycle code symbol you usually see? I can't really tell from the photo.

I thought that, too, but since it doesn't show a universal Recycle symbol, I wasn't sure if that is what that actually means there and the Wikipedia article doesn't really say anything about an "R" in the code, so I would still have doubts.

Does the plastic look and feel like other HDPE containers with the Universal Recycle code symbol you usually see? I can't really tell from the photo.

I assume the R stands for recycling? The material absolutely looks and feels like other lye safe plastics I have used. I’ve been using them for over a year now and they still look perfect. No etching or damage of any kind is visible.

Thank you dear. 🤗🧼

I assume the R stands for recycling? The material absolutely looks and feels like other lye safe plastics I have used. I’ve been using them for over a year now and they still look perfect. No etching or damage of any kind is visible.

I did use them twice now & it holds up well' doesn't get soft ' etched. So Im a happy camper. yay 🤗🧼💫

Latest posts

Back