Plain jane

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LupitaTX

Reaction score
80% Lard
20% CO 7% SF w/ cocoa butter makes for a smooth HP batch! Smells like honey. Also makes a great bar of soap, and added 3% emulsifying wax, (experimentation purposes)
very plain but smells devine! ImageUploadedBySoap Making1444983647.226872.jpg

I agree, no such thing as plain jane soap. They are all beautiful in their own way. I recently change up my OMH and didn't color or swirl it and I like the simplicity of it.

I agree with all the others. That is a LOVELY soap and there is no such thing as "Plain Jane" when it comes to handcrafted soap. To make that loaf of soap it took equal parts of your recipe, your knowledge, your experience and your love of the art/science of handcrafting soap. Nothing "Plain" about that at all.

I just last week made a batch of unscented/uncolored soap. I told my family it's called "As I Am" because it doesn't need all the bells and whistles in order to be a great soap. I think that if you don't feel the same about that "Caramel Beauty" you've made, You will.

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1447317627.491401.jpg thats my cut, thank you so much for the compliments! It turned out to be a great bar of soap, that 80/20 man, such a great combination. So sorry for the late reply!

I find soap like that beautiful in its simplicity. there's something so elegant about it. BTW,when i say simplicity, i don't mean simple. there's nothing "simple" about natural handmade soap.

love the soap and the stamp...looks like a dachshund to me...if it is, I'd love to know where you got it...

I was going to say that your 80/20 recipe would make my skin very happy. And the weiner-dog stamp is definitely not plain jane, I want one (stamp, soap & dog)! Do you think the addition of ewax brought anything awesome to the party?

Do you know how to tell how good a cake baker is? Not by their triple layer caramel white chocolate and macadamia supreme cake - it's easy to up the taste of a mediocre confection by throwing more sugar/chocolate/butter on it. But if a plain, simple white cake is moist, flavorful and delicious - you've got some serious skill and a good recipe.

I love plain janes and have many made from different recipes. The ingredients really get a chance to shine when there's no mica or fragrance
to disguise them.

Do you know how to tell how good a cake baker is? Not by their triple layer caramel white chocolate and macadamia supreme cake - it's easy to up the taste of a mediocre confection by throwing more sugar/chocolate/butter on it. But if a plain, simple white cake is moist, flavorful and delicious - you've got some serious skill and a good recipe.

Yep. Ask a brewer to make you an American Lager. Nowhere to hide.

I was going to say that your 80/20 recipe would make my skin very happy. And the weiner-dog stamp is definitely not plain jane, I want one (stamp, soap & dog)! Do you think the addition of ewax brought anything awesome to the party?

The only thing i noticed was the water loss with minimal morphing since i used 38% liquids, i also feel that the soap is a little more opaque than it usually turns out when i make it with out the e-wax, the lather is more creamier than usual.

Latest posts

Back