Plagiarism and swiftcraft monkey blog

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ninth circle of hell material.

ETA: *Technically* it is probably 8th circle (fraud) but the 9th circle is treachery... so maybe 81/2. I will give plagiarizers their own little in-between space.

Last edited:
As for the Ebay listing all someone needs to do is report the listing as having plagiarized content and the listing will be removed and the seller account will get a strike and may even prevent her from selling on Ebay under that account again. Ebay australia has some pretty strick rules and will usually ALWAYS side with a buyer rather than a seller on some issues.

Sucks if you are a legitimate seller that you work so hard and a ****ty buyer can screw you over but in this case I say SCREW SCREW.

Susan so generously shared what she knows. God that pisses me off that someone would steal from her.

I think Babu express this very well....

aboo-seinfeld_zpsqymc0s9b.gif

I've been trying to post a comment on Susan's site, but keep getting a Bad Request 400 error, or some such (and fervently hope the comment hasn't been submitted unknowingly 18 times).

But I just checked out the offender's blog, and in about 15 minutes discovered more blatant plagiarism. Her explanation of Copha from the 2/1/15 post? Directly taken from Wikipedia. Soya Lecithin definition? Word-for-word from a blog by the NakedChemist. Her post from 10/5/13 about "Moisturisers Versus Natural Vegetable Oils" appears to take liberties using direct material from Australian Natural Health Magazine, BOE Magazine.com, and Cosmetics Business.com, and I only checked about the first 1/3 of that blog post.

The trend I noticed was if proper English syntax and/or a scientific explanation of something was used, the sentence/thought was more likely to be plagiarized.

This appears to be a far-reaching issue, and I can only imagine how frustrating (to say the least) this must be to those whose works have been pilfered.

Wow, that's just terrible.

Susan is such a treasure for the crafting community... to have all her hard work stolen is just so wrong. Shame on them...

I thought I remembered that name. I received in the letterbox a pamphlet advertising the classes at this college, she has been teaching there for a few years. Here's the ad -
http://leisure.sgscc.edu.au/sites/leisure.sgscc.edu.au/files/STG9350_Term%201%20Course%20Brochure%202017.pdf page 23 in the middle.

Should we email the college or is that harassment?

Just messaged the college online support. Feedback:

'Hi could you please give the Leisure Manager David Hurley a call on 8543 7419.'

Anyone in Australia willing to call? I don't have an international calling plan. Then let us know if we can help :)

Last edited:
When I saw this, this morning (2 posts up) I got in the car and went to the college. They said they had just received an email, so not sure if it's yours, Millie.

I took the liberty on Susan's behalf, to go to the college, (just got back) and have spoken directly to David, he is looking into it and will ring me when he has some news. I have also emailed Susan to let her know I did this.

Thanks Relle, no I didn't send an email. Just did the online chat thing, that message might have been forwarded but I'm guessing there are lots of people from the forum trying to help. Soapers rock!

Last edited:
"... The trend I noticed was if proper English syntax and/or a scientific explanation of something was used, the sentence/thought was more likely to be plagiarized. ..."

Yep! A marked change in writing style was a big tipoff for me when reading college term papers. One Dairy Science guy plagiarized large swaths of a PhD dissertation to pad his paper and thought I'd not notice a Dairy guy abandoning his usual "f*** this" writing style. Did a quick Google check to find the original material. That stupid stunt cost him dearly -- it took him an extra semester to graduate.

I have zero patience with this from students and even less tolerance from someone who is supposed to know better. Absolutely unacceptable.

"... She must have known that it is wrong when she was doing it though, that's what gets me. ..."

Gent -- Most people don't think plagiarizing is wrong ... or at least that's what they claim. Some of my young adult students seemed to be utterly bewildered when I told them I wanted to see THEIR work, not someone else's. How did they miss out on the lessons at home and in grade school about playing fair and not cheating? <sigh>

So, yeah, I don't understand it either. I guess you and I are more interested in living life fairly and on our own merits and others aren't -- they want the prize without the effort.

Last edited:
Back