Pko %?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hozhed

Reaction score
I am going to make some soap with lard,OO, and PKO. I have never used PKO in any soap before and was wondering if it was like CO where as too much is not a good thing. Is there a happy medium, percentage wise? Thanks.

I treat PKO like coconut and try to keep it at 25% or under. Some people find it not as harsh as coconut but I didn't notice much of a difference except it makes a waxier/harder bar then when using coconut.

On the recommendation of folks here I mixed it w/CO, 10% each. They were right, the mix is better than both individually, I think. Makes the bar really hard, which is nice, and produces a nice creamy lather.

On the recommendation of folks here I mixed it w/CO, 10% each. They were right, the mix is better than both individually, I think. Makes the bar really hard, which is nice, and produces a nice creamy lather.
Iam going to try this one. I have never used PKO, and lately that's all I've been reading about. I use CO normally but I want to do something different.

Latest posts

Back