Quantcast

Pko %?

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

hozhed

Reaction score
I am going to make some soap with lard,OO, and PKO. I have never used PKO in any soap before and was wondering if it was like CO where as too much is not a good thing. Is there a happy medium, percentage wise? Thanks.

Obsidian

Reaction score
I treat PKO like coconut and try to keep it at 25% or under. Some people find it not as harsh as coconut but I didn't notice much of a difference except it makes a waxier/harder bar then when using coconut.

not_ally

Reaction score
On the recommendation of folks here I mixed it w/CO, 10% each. They were right, the mix is better than both individually, I think. Makes the bar really hard, which is nice, and produces a nice creamy lather.

cmzaha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I make coconut free soaps using pko and notice no real difference between the pko versus coconut. This is the regular pko, not the hydrogenated flakes

Spice

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the recommendation of folks here I mixed it w/CO, 10% each. They were right, the mix is better than both individually, I think. Makes the bar really hard, which is nice, and produces a nice creamy lather.
Iam going to try this one. I have never used PKO, and lately that's all I've been reading about. I use CO normally but I want to do something different.

Latest posts