Piping tips

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i like to use the big ones, 1 and 2 are my faves.

Yes, 1's and 2's are great to work with. Play with frosting and then venture into the soapy stuff. Hugs..

Thanks guys, out of anxiety I picked up a wilton pack from Walmart, it has the larger tip a 1m and three others. I'm going to play with a meringue frosting on bath cupcakes first. No sense in messing up soap.

My own favourites are the open star tips and yes the larger ones are easiest and nicest looking. (IMO) I love piping soap batter! :)

Check out Karen of Edens Secret (youtube) She is a soap piping queen! :)

I still have trouble piping soap (I'm nervous about the soap batter getting too stiff, so I tend to try to pipe it while it's too soft) but I pipe cupcakes every day. The 1M and 2D are my favorite tips.

pinkcupcake, if you pipe it too soft, it wont be able to hold up. you should try scooping it with a spatula, if it didnt fall it's the right consistency. soap cool. the last thing you want is the soap getting hot, the bag bursts.

Most cupcakes (soap or otherwise) are made using the bigger tips. The ones that you link to, Jeanna, are I believe the smaller tips which would work in theory, but probably wouldn't look the way you wanted them to.

I'd recommend this kit:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IE6Z4J4/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

I also highly recommend taking the beginners cake decorating classes at Michaels. They're fun, not too expensive, and you would learn everything you'd need to know to confidently pipe soap cupcakes!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok here are my cupcake fizzy. I didn't expect them to be this nice

20140504_001202.jpg

20140504_001324.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back