Piping soap - frosting bag?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use the disposable. I can either wash them or just toss them. I have a couple of the canvas ones from my cake decorating but havn't used them for soap. Get a large bag though. I like the 16 inch. I tried ther 12 and they were a bit too small. I like extra headroom .

I've used the smaller disposable bags and its true that they arent big enough. I'd go with the bigger ones (not the enormous ones that I've seen professionals use). I really like piping soap. There's something very satisfying about it.

I like the idea of a canvas one b/c it would be more durable and less expensive. But, I'd get at least 3 of them since I wouldnt want to clean them right after I'm done soaping. I'd wait for the soap to saponifiy on the inside (not in the tip though! I've made that mistake before!)

Last edited:
I found that the ziploc bags would sometime split at the seam. Not a pretty site.

Yeeep, ^^^^ This happened to me with ziploc bags but I never had any splitting with the disposable piping bags. They are VERY sturdy. :)

ETA: Oh, and the zipper for the ziplock bags gets in the way. Plus, the piping bags can be folded over a cup more easily than a ziploc bag that has 2 corners. I use ziploc bags in a pinch but, I much prefer real piping bags. I also feel that you get more out of a piping bag than a ziploc bag since you have more unwanted space in a ziploc.

Last edited:
Back