Piping CP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CpnDouchette

Reaction score
I feel like I'm asking a question every other day at the moment... I'm very grateful to this community for all the support!!

So, I've started to mess about with piping CP. I use the same recipe as the main batch, I just leave it longer to set up. The issue i have is that after piping, its still too wet to transfer to the loaf without making a mess of it. I have left them to set up a bit more on freezer paper but was worried I would end up with both the roses and the bar being to set for them to stick together.

How does everyone else do it? Videos would have me believe its all done from the same batch. Can I wait until i have unmolded the loaf, cut and then pipe directly on to the individual bars? If I did this, how would it affect cure times?

You can pipe directly onto the soap while it's in the loaf. Pour your soap - set aside the portion to pipe for as long as it takes to harden up a bit - it could be 5 minutes, it could be 20 minutes or more depending on your recipe then pipe it directly onto the top of the loaf. Let everything set up together until hard enough to cut - 10-24 hours depending on your recipe.
Alternatively if you want to transfer previously piped flowers or decorations onto your just-made soap you will need to have made these a few days before hand so that they have hardened sufficiently. They need to go directly onto the top of 'wet' or just-poured soap batter if you want them to stick.

Thank you.

Is it possible to do the other way round and pipe onto unmolded bars?

Excellent question and replies! I'm at this same point in my hobby. I want to start piping. My first attempt was a total flop.

I did a piping for "dummies" lesson!

I've also recently started to try my hand at piping. My issue is how do you keep the soap frosting workable? Once it starts setting up in the bowl is there a way to thin it out to a workable consistency? I'm attempting several colors and by the time I get my first color done, the Other colors are too thick to pipe. Any tips?

Latest posts

Back